favorite lure?

phatpelkey

Wow, what a question.

My faves include: #3 panther Martin,(orange blade/yellow body), Rapala XRAP Shad Rap, #3 Mepps Aglia white with Red, Cotton Cordell Big-o, and my new Fave...Sebile Koolie Minnow 72ft in Hollow Mullet.

Threw this thing out on a small lake this weekend!!!! The action is unbelievable, and the bass were hammerin' it. Great Slash bait

Man, that is truly a tough question to answer.

Guess the best way to answer it for me is what lure can I catch the most species of fish on with varying conditions.

I'd have to say a Blue Fox Vibrax spinner (or Mepps for that matter) fire tiger finish in size 3. I've caught Steelhead, Coho Salmon, Bass, Pike, Walleye all on that colour and size.

whats your favorite lure?

my personal favorite would be a 1/2 oz cleo in a hammered blue in silver (winter)

1/32 oz jig head with 1.5 inch tube in a green colour (spring and fall)

so whats yours?

Spring Walleye - Rapala XRAP and Flatrap, Summer Walleye 3/8 Bucktail jigs and twister tails

Largemouth Bass - 6" YUM Dinger, Strike King Rodent

Panfish - 1" pink tube jig

Pike #5 Vibrax spinner

Need to start Musky fishing.

IMG_0690-1.jpg

The lure above has caught me most muskies on Pigeon Lake last 20 years.

This old lure still runs perfect and outfishes the new ones i have bought.

Good to know, because the Storm lure I favour has been discontinued, and this is a close facsimlie.

Edited by backbay

I have a particular skitterwalk thats been cranked off rocks and was taking on water. I cant seem to find the same colour of lure anywhere. So late July i siliconed the cracks in the lure and started throwing it again and havent stopped catching fish on it. Absolutely the first and last lure im throwing if the conditions call for it.