My Dreams

asdve23rveavwa

Thanks for posting...very good read. Looked at the website for Happy Day Lodge as a result and am confused by their rates. It costs more to stay there (camping wise at least)and fairly substantially, if you are fishing on a sport license, than it does if you have a conservation license?

Any idea what the rationale is behind this?

Sure do. They are heavily promoting catch and release, and, slot sizes on the various species of fish in the lake.

As an incentive to practise catch and release, they offer price discounts. In the past this lake, as well as many others in the north, had many guests that thought nothing of keeping their limits many times over.

Bob (the camp owner) is working dilligently with the local MNR biologist to not only maintain the current fishery, BUT, to turn it into a true trophy fish factory.

Both Juli and I currently have sport fishing licenses, but, we were given the conservation discount due to the fact that we followed those rules. In fact, we only kept two walleyes the entire trip.

The Zimmerman's truly care about their camp and the lake, they have cut their capacity of guests down in the last five years to reduce impact.

Feel free to PM me for anymore information.

Edited by FRANKIE65

Wow great report , you describe those special moments very well.

cheers

Thanks for the compliment. Easy to describe visions that imbed themselves in my memory. I truly fell in love with the lake. Beautiful, challenging at times, but, ultimately rewarding.

Frank,

I was waiting for this report but haven't been on to much lately. It looks like you guys had great weather! Your pics are fantastic and bring back lots of memories for myself, never get tired of looking at the place.

Now that you have your feet wet you can explore that massive body of water even further next year, lot to cover in due time. You may even think about hitting some of the back lakes :whistling:

Looks like you did well once you found them and put a few fish in the boat.

In the end its all about family and having a great time and its looks like you accomplished that and then some, smiles tell the tale.

Nice to see the entire family enjoyed the trip,,, and yes the Zimmermans are 1st class all the way.

Great report!

Kris

Frank,

I was waiting for this report but haven't been on to much lately. It looks like you guys had great weather! Your pics are fantastic and bring back lots of memories for myself, never get tired of looking at the place.

Now that you have your feet wet you can explore that massive body of water even further next year, lot to cover in due time. You may even think about hitting some of the back lakes :whistling:

Looks like you did well once you found them and put a few fish in the boat.

In the end its all about family and having a great time and its looks like you accomplished that and then some, smiles tell the tale.

Nice to see the entire family enjoyed the trip,,, and yes the Zimmermans are 1st class all the way.

Great report!

Kris

Thanks, Kris!! Still have to give you a call, or vice-versa...love to hear how your week went at the "other" lake.

Great report Frankie,Good to see you guys on sunday we should have stayed out the storms went the other way by the looks of it as we left the PP .

Thanks, Shawn!! Nice surprise bumping into you. That sky was looking pretty nasty, plus, we had a decent meal of perch in the livewell so no regrets.

We'll get more next time...have to slide over to Big Dan's area :whistling: