Finally some GBay Salmon!

Canuck

Finally had some luck on Severn Sound salmon on Friday. Fished from about 10am to 2:30. About 11:30 the bite was on. Had 6 fish on over that time and boated 3 of the 6. Had a double header on at one point but boated only one. Haven't had that kind of action in several years. All were caught on small sized flashers running squid style flies behind. Tried spoons and larger flashers with herring strip with no luck.

Ate one that night. Marinated in lemon and maple syrup and then cedar planked on the BBQ. Couldn't be better.

DSC_0312.jpg

DSC_0318.jpg

They look a lot fresher than their mates that I watched making their way up in a certain severn sound river late this afternoon!!

Nice shooting... you'd have to know the water but I could stick a pin in a chart as to where your boats sitting in that shot.

Great to see some decent fish making their way in. Did you notice anything special on any of them... like USA stocker markings, natural fish, or??

Edited by irishfield

They look a lot fresher than their mates that I watched making their way up in a certain severn sound river late this afternoon!!

Nice shooting... you'd have to know the water but I could stick a pin in a chart as to where your boats sitting in that shot.

Great to see some decent fish making their way in. Did you notice anything special on any of them... like USA stocker markings, natural fish, or??

I would have to say they were pretty clean fish. No fin clips that I could see. Not sure what a US stocking marker would look like but I noticed nothing unusual at all. As for location, I won't be too specific, but anyone from the area would know the hole we were in. Quite a few boats out that day all trolling the same water we were in. Lots of marks there that day on the sonar. Mostly down deep, below 120ft. Got all of these at 130 on the downrigger (likely about 115 true depth)

Lot's of boats balled up out there when Andy and I went out for 'skis last Monday as well.

The USA laser marks their fish vs clipping. A lot of US fish turning up in Nottawasga Bay.. was curious if any are coming into the Sound as well.

What do the US laser markings look like? I have a couple other pictures where I might be able to see them.