Congrats Leafs

Dondorfish

Roy I'm afraid your wrong. they are all Canadian Citizens. Funny thing though, I didnt see too many so called new Canadains amongst the fighting troops unless they joined to to challenge traditition and then quit. Although I was born in the USA, I still had to pledge an allegiance to the Queen at the time I lived 20 of 21 years in Canada. ( Had no Canadian Citizen papers) Now for the Hockey. I really hate the way the game has become to the Canadian teams. I partly blame Bettman for that. The game between Toronto and Montreal was pathetic with the penalty calls. The ref played a key role in that game. As a Montreal fan, I'm really disappointed on the way that team is being managed. They are too small and easily intimidated. That team has 14 or 15 Europeans and they play like the Europeans. Most of them when they do attempt to hit they turn their back on the Opponent vice stand them up. Don't get me wrong, there are three that play the game the way we played growing up. Souray, Komisarek and Bouillon. A Western Boy and 2 Americans. As far as the rest, they play like theyre in the Quebec or European League. There is a difference in leagues. Meaning, pass the puck as soon as you get it, when in the corners don't hang on too long, and if you think you might get hit go down or get rid of the puck. What makes me mad, is how long they kept Brisbois, and now they will probably keep Markov over Souray. As far as Koivu is concerned, sure he is talented, has guts, but he is too small as well as the rest of his team mates. Maybe I'm wrong, but when I played hockey and the game was chippy, the Capt always seem to lead the way. Usually he was a scrapper and gutsy, didn't fear no one, and usually was as tough as the other teams Capt or tough guys. Yea I do like the hits, the fights, as well as the rest of the action. Cant stand all the pushing, shoving, and mouthing off once the refs get in between. And the penalties, you cant even blow on an opponent without getting called. And what about all the Dives, pathetic. The game is turning into a kinder, gentler, kiss game. Reminds me of the European leagues that Haley Wickenheiser played on.

Guest Trophymuskie
Enough talk of the reffing fix. If you watched the 3rd you saw the uncalled slew foot by Koivu on Coliaccova, the uncalled cross check from behind on Deveraux, the uncalled 6 Canadiens on the ice near the bench on a bad change. Leafs had 2 more PP than the Habs and made them count - hardly a fix.

Funny how people see what they want to see, I saw Coliaccova interfere with Koivu without a call, he previously fell in the fence without any penalties from Koivu.

It's also funny that the dominating team has 2 more penalties then the team spending the majority of the game in their side of the ice.

It's also funny that the dominating team has 2 more penalties then the team spending the majority of the game in their side of the ice.

24 of 30 NHL teams had more PP opportunities at home than on the road.

25 of 30 NHL teams were shorthanded less at home than on the road.

The officiating almost always goes to the home team. That seems to hold especially true when in Toronto. I was told that in Saturday's game one ref made every single call ??

Going by memory here, but in the past couple seasons the Leafs have won more than a couple games against Montreal late in the 3rd or in overtime on power play goals :whistling:

Edited by Northhunter

Can't we all just enjoy the magnificent Sens and throw our collective Canadian support behind them?

(sits back with coffe and awaits the barrage of choker jokes, euro captain jokes, etc. etc. etc.)

No support here...even if the make the cup finals the will lose to the West...there are to many strong teams in the west..... GO CANUCKS!!!!

No toughness in the west.Give it up Charlied they gave away their heart when they gave away Bertuzzi.East dominates look at the standings !! Pens don't stand a chance.This the Sens year.They have the goaltending and now the experience.Any great team has to lose in the playoffs before they can win....remember the Oilers ? Lost in the finals to the Islanders then the next year Gretzky and the boys went on a four year run !!! GO SENS GO

Guest Trophymuskie

Ya as always the west suck. Yes there are a couple of good teams but the rest are bad. And it takes playing good teams throughout the year to stay sharp. I bet if you looked at the record East vs West there would be a big difference even if some of the eastern teams get to play after 10 pm on a lot of those western trips.

Take the top 10 teams in the league and you'll find but a couple or 3 from the west.

No toughness in the west.Give it up Charlied they gave away their heart when they gave away Bertuzzi.East dominates look at the standings !! Pens don't stand a chance.This the Sens year.They have the goaltending and now the experience.Any great team has to lose in the playoffs before they can win....remember the Oilers ? Lost in the finals to the Islanders then the next year Gretzky and the boys went on a four year run !!! GO SENS GO

WOW...you need to look at the standing again....west teams have more points....seventh place in the west has 104 points...and in the East...93. 3 teams in the west over 110 points....east ..1. if Ottawa was in the west they would be seventh, and the sixth, seventh and eighth place teams in the east would not even have made the playoffs in the west...in my eyes looking at the standings I would say point wise....like you told me too they look pretty strong. You are just biast and only look in the SENS view. this bashing of the leafs could go on forever....but this started out as a congrats to the leafs for winning there last game and of course the Sens fans turn it into a leaf bashing ordeal.....go get your own damn post!

Guest Trophymuskie

The horror this turned into a hockey post.

Teams in the west have more points because a lot of them suck. Look at the bottom of the pile in the east 5 teams were battling for 8th place and in the west well you can say 2 but actually the Flames were in 8th for weeks.

How can you say the west sucks?? Detroit, Anaheim, even vancouver and dallas always perform well...sens and sabres are probably better because of the new nhl made for quicker and younger players, but you cant look at stats to say whether a team is good or not, look at edmonton last year....regular season is completely different from playoffs....unfortunately all the hope is left on the raptors!! GO RAPS

WOW...you need to look at the standing again....west teams have more points....seventh place in the west has 104 points...and in the East...93. 3 teams in the west over 110 points....east ..1. if Ottawa was in the west they would be seventh, and the sixth, seventh and eighth place teams in the east would not even have made the playoffs in the west...in my eyes looking at the standings I would say point wise....like you told me too they look pretty strong. You are just biast and only look in the SENS view. this bashing of the leafs could go on forever....but this started out as a congrats to the leafs for winning there last game and of course the Sens fans turn it into a leaf bashing ordeal.....go get your own damn post!

Standings and points are two entirely different things. Because the western teams have more points does not mean they are better. They play in a different conference. Toronto played the other 4 teams in their division 32 times. Eight against Buffalo, 8 against Montreal, etc. and vice versa. Did they ever see Anaheim? Dallas? Did Vancouver play Philly? Montreal? Maybe once in 82 games.

Western teams went past regulation 134 times. Eastern teams: 147. If you look at the 9-12th seeded teams in each conference they combine for 355pts (East) vs. 320pts (West). 35 points is a pretty big difference. The stats would support that while the Eastern Conf. is more closely matched and more competitive, the playoff teams in the west were simply feeding off the weaker non-playoff teams.

There are some very skilled teams in the west, but only one can make it to the finals and they better be damn afraid of who comes out of the east, whoever that may be.

And please drop the "Leafs Bashing" thing. Specktacklure's post did not mention the Leafs once, but because he's a Sens fan you felt compelled to bring it back up??

There may be a few Sens/Habs followers giving some ribbing, but that's only because we get it 10x worse from "Leaf Nation / Center of the Universe" about 300 days a year.