Just weird...but i'll take it.

limeyangler

Hi All,

went out on my home lake for an hour and a bit today as mum and son slept.

Wanted to grab a few walleye for lunch tomorrow so headed to my sure bet spots.

Was marking lots of bait and fish on the graph at my first spot...really light bites. Also the fish would follow and hit right up to the surface......not even a perch ill normally do that.

Turned out i'd found some crappie.

I have been trying to locate these crappie in this lake during summer for at least 3 years. I can get into them in the spring when they are in shallow in the weeds spawning....but after that they all but vanish.

Oh well...i wont complain....kinda weird cuz i've fished in that spot before actually trying to find them on numerous occasions and drew a blank...weird....but i'll take it.

Best one was 13.5" :thumbsup_anim:

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cdlmWuBvzwc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_4212.jpg

It kinda sucked that i had to get back so soon...would have liked to explored that a bit more.

However, getting back early enabled me to clean the fish before Jack woke up, and he had supper early....and guess where he wanted to go after supper.....we did not catch anything....but we spent a good 2 hours out in the boat floating around our bay.

Jack was in hysterics for at least half an hour....we saw another boat out there....and Jack says to me...

"daddy....i think the seagulls are going to poop on the man in that boat"

:thumbsup_anim:

LET'S GO FISHING DAD

IMG_4213.jpg

IMG_4216.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4217.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

IMG_4224.jpg

Nice Simon. Sounds like I'll be working on the new OPP station in Dryden starting sometime this fall after I get my Red Lake projects cleaned up. I should be in Dryden for 8 to 10 months. I've never caught a Crappie. Help me out Buddy..

Thanks for the replies guys.

Great report. Congrats on finding the summer crappie (even if it was by accident!). They sure are elusive in the summer!

You fishing partner looks like a natural.

Thanks Homer....they certainly are another kettle of fish altogether to find(pun intended)

That is so cool. My son Maxwell is the same age as Jack and it is such a great stage. He likes my fish and especially the way I BBQ chicken. Cheers. Crappy are delicious. You must be a happy man.

It is a cool age....they watch and learn sooooo fast. Fish fry for lunch today...cut fries have been soaking in water over night...should be delicious!

Nice Simon. Sounds like I'll be working on the new OPP station in Dryden starting sometime this fall after I get my Red Lake projects cleaned up. I should be in Dryden for 8 to 10 months. I've never caught a Crappie. Help me out Buddy..

Right on Dan! erm....you think you need to ask? look me up when ya hit town...lunch on me this time!

Very nice! Crappie are as tasty as walleye in my opinion. In how many feet of water were you fishing?

i was in a bay that i catch them in the shallows (weed) in the spring. I was out from the weed in 13' FOW.