one step closer to a treatment for ALS

aniceguy

That will be great news for those still suffering with it or just getting diagnosed.

My mother in law died from this a few years ago. It was a brutal disease to watch take an amazing woman from this earth.

Grandma did her part in the research for a cure, knowing full well that she would never benefit from any cure.

She participated in a clinical drug trial for the last 9 months of her life. She was diagnosed just 4 months before that.

Please pray for a treatment if this finding turns out to be the key to this brutal disease.

Good to see medical progression on neurological/spinal disease.

ALS is super nasty and mostly lethal.

Hope they make true breakthrough on this MS that i got as well.

Would help if our crooked government would approve the liberation treatment. They would rather pump useless medications into people instead. People have walked out of their wheelchair after receiving the liberation treatment. Yes some have died, but I think it has helped MUCH more people (especially in the early stages of the disease) then it has taken. Unfortunately, its little too late for my mother. Have you given the liberation treatment any thought or discussed it with your neurologist? If so what are his/her views on it? Best wishes sent your way!

It's only my opinion, but it seems to me medical science should be much further along in the treatment of so many of these terrible diseases than they are.

Things like MS, MD, ALS, cancers, Alzheimers and whatever else.

They've been researching and studying these things forever and have had untold millions or billions of $$$$ donated, yet basically they can't really cure so many of them. Some diseases seem like they can be slowed down somewhat, but still not cured.

My dad died of Alzheimers 14 years ago and we were told there was absolutely nothing that could be done to help him.

My brother died of incurable cancer a few years ago and my best bud died 5 days ago from cancer that had spread thru half his body and again, the docs said they could do nothing.

Both my wifes parents died from cancer plus too many friends and aquaintances to count.

We've all lost too many friends and loved ones to these things and I'm sure others feel the same way as me but who knows :dunno:

Didn't mean to rant so early on this fine day, but it's just sad to see so many good folks dying far too early because doctors have no idea how to cure them.

I hate to always be a cynical anti gubmint type but yes the goverment is screwing us even when it comes to healthcare.

I agree with both fish4eyes and lews previous posts.

I have had my own health problems over the past couple of years and doing my own research sure has opened my eyes to the government corruption when it comes to healthcare. There are good alternative cures to many diseases out there but as soon as one pops up the goverment/big pharma moves fast to squash these things. Big Pharma gives grants to the colleges and universities so guess what docs going through medical schools learn about... Sure you can figure it out.

Anyways if any of you care to look a little deeper at the corruption here is the link to a VERY VERY good movie that shows just how far they are willing to go to keep us sick so they can push their worthless crap upon us.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

I have to agree with you Lew, it does seem like limited progress on diseases after MANY years and billions of dollars.

Its Labour day next week and we still have the telethon. Makes you wonder if they are getting anywhere at all?

Fish4eyes... I saw a headline last week that after a huge study the liberation treatment was proven to be in effective? I might be thinking of the wrong treatment, thats the artery treatment in the neck?

like Chris Rock says.........when was the last time doctors cured something.........................polio damn.........

Edited by bucktail

Fish4eyes... I saw a headline last week that after a huge study the liberation treatment was proven to be in effective? I might be thinking of the wrong treatment, thats the artery treatment in the neck?

Lew see's through my eyes :good:

Bucktail: Yeah thats the one. They said it was in effective as soon as it was announced to the public, interesting. If it is an online article I would love to read it if you could please provide the link.

There is a reason people pay 10G's+ to go to Europe to have it done. I would sell everything I own if it wasn't too late for my mother. Ask someone who has a severe paralyzing form of the disease if they would risk dying or getting into some debt to have a chance at being cured. I read an article that told a story of a Hamilton woman who got the treatment and slowly over a few months began to walk. Never herd of a MS treatment medication that had this kind of successful result. What has the MS Society done to push the liberation treatment? The only reason I do donate from time to time to them is because I know MS patients receive funding for items they may require due to their disability and certainly not because I feel there is hope for a cure.

The only thing that I will thank our government for is the abundance of social assistance available to disabled in need.

The government does not want people to get cured of any of these common diseases/diagnoses (especially cancer)to simply control the population of the world. By giving you medicine that usually doesn't do nothing, they make money, plus you end up dying anyway. Perfect combination for them. The FDA (whatever their called) recently approved a pesticide spray that is used on strawberries which is KNOWN to cause cancer :wallbash:. Its what we put in our bodies that is killing us. Which is why I have made the switch to organic to atleast try to prolong my life. Yeah it's more money but the food tastes much better. Chicken breast no longer tastes like rubber. If you don't eat produce in 1 week (sometimes even less) its garbage. Whereas the stuff with the pesticide sprays lasts 3 weeks.

Remember people the first step to health and well being is positive thinking, happy life and no stress. Watch the documentary "The Secret" for more on this.

Off to my cave I go as they are coming to get me :ninja:

Edited by Fish4Eyes

Would help if our crooked government would approve the liberation treatment. They would rather pump useless medications into people instead. People have walked out of their wheelchair after receiving the liberation treatment. Yes some have died, but I think it has helped MUCH more people (especially in the early stages of the disease) then it has taken. Unfortunately, its little too late for my mother. Have you given the liberation treatment any thought or discussed it with your neurologist? If so what are his/her views on it? Best wishes sent your way!

Have researched the CCSVI (liberation treatment) extensively and it is costly for something that is ineffective. I have had MS for ten years and way past early intervention. Scheduled to see neurologist at MS clinic next week and have to get forearm crutches now. Oh well...doesn't stop me from sitting in boat and fishing.

There certainly is Big Pharma trying to keep us disabled. The cost of my medication is $2100/ per month but luckily i am covered for this stuff that has a 30% chance of helping.

However, my father was diagnosed with a cancer two years ago and after some operations it was removed and he is absolutely cancer free now. So there is some progression in the study of chronic diseases despite the corruption.

This discovery in treatment for ALS is encouraging since there is many similarities with MS.

I find hope in this since work and study is being done.

Edited by ehg

Have researched the CCSVI (liberation treatment) extensively and it is costly for something that is ineffective. I have had MS for ten years and way past early intervention. Scheduled to see neurologist at MS clinic next week and have to get forearm crutches now. Oh well...doesn't stop me from sitting in boat and fishing.

There certainly is Big Pharma trying to keep us disabled. The cost of my medication is $2100/ per month but luckily i am covered for this stuff that has a 30% chance of helping.

However, my father was diagnosed with a cancer two years ago and after some operations it was removed and he is absolutely cancer free now. So there is some progression in the study of chronic diseases despite the corruption.

This discovery in treatment for ALS is encouraging since there is many similarities with MS.

I find hope in this since work and study is being done.

I respect your opinion and i'm not looking to stir the pot, but what fact(s) or information made you conclude that it is ineffective? A family friend had it done in the early stages and it helped him. He went from cane to lightly jogging.

Apologies to OP for hijacking the thread into a MS thread.