Quebec Licence Requirements

K_F

Quick question - Im heading over to the PofQ next weekend.

Can I get a license anywhere prior to going? Is there a 7 day license or something I should be buying? Ive looked on the website and dont see any options? Say I show up at night, I would hope to fish in the morning.

Any insight?

kf

Edited by K_F

Canadian tire is the only place I've been able to get one there when we've gone. So you have to go when the store is open.

Also, on an interesting note, if you are married, only one of you needs a licence :)

Canadian tire is the only place I've been able to get one there when we've gone. So you have to go when the store is open.

Also, on an interesting note, if you are married, only one of you needs a licence :)

Wow ! For years I have been buying a licence for both me an the mrs's ... (as have all the couples in our annual Quebec-Zec party) ... bummer ... Joey do you have anything official looking that I can show them at the licence store next year to save a few bucks on this ?

Thanks

J.

Wow ! For years I have been buying a licence for both me an the mrs's ... (as have all the couples in our annual Quebec-Zec party) ... bummer ... Joey do you have anything official looking that I can show them at the licence store next year to save a few bucks on this ?

Thanks

J.

the whole familly, kids included(providing they are students) can fish on the one licence.But

you will have to share the daily limit amonst the familly members.

This is for residents, not sure about out of province. Roy should be able to answer this question quickly.

non-resident rates are as follows

1 day- $12.49

3 days- $27.52

7 days- $42.31

year- $63.21

And this, taken from the 2011 regulations.

If I am 18 or over, who can fish under my licence?

• your spouse;
  • your children (as well as those of your spouse) who are under 18;
  • your children (as well as those of your spouse) who are between 18 and 24 and who have a valid student's card in their possession.

These persons, except for your children (or those of your spouse) under 18, must have your licence on hand if you are not accompanying them. Different conditions can apply in the case of an Atlantic salmon sportfishing licence (see publication Salmon sportfishing in Québec).

Can other persons fish under my licence?

• any person under 18;
  • any student from 18 to 24 who has his valid student's card.

However, these persons must fish under your supervision or that of your spouse.

edited to add: Yes you can also purchase your license from S.A.I.L. but there are only 3 stores and all are in the Montreal region. Find a tackle/bait shop along the way, plenty of CTC's as well.

Thanks very much everyone - so i guess im out of luck for the first morning if we arrive at night

If you can tell me when you are leaving, i could pick them up for you and send them by purolator 2 days before you leave. I know when my brother came up last month thats what i did.All he had to do was fill in the back of the permit before he actually went on the water.