What a terrific day !!!

Beans

Our friend Meely wanted to have his girlfriend Zen catch a carp...so he and her and my wife Maribeth took off for my favorite area...me supplying the equipment (two complete set-ups) ground bait and hook bait, him supplying the lunch and drinks...whistling.gif

I have been suffering with a wonkey knee since last Saturday so I had to put Meely to work doing most of the setting-up while all I could do was sit and do the baiting and giving instructions for casting out and chumming the "swims"...rolleyes.gif

I gotta admit Meely did a fine job of following instructions like turning off the "free spool" of the baitrunner before picking the rod up off the alarm and bank sticks as we had our first hook-up in about fifteen minutes...once he felt the carp was firmly hooked he passed the rod to Zen and she did an admirable of battling itclapping.gif...after a few minutes Meely had to lend her a hand as her arm was hurting from doing battle with 3 different shoal carp (muskies) the day before (two decent ones and one snot-rocket)...A new friend ( John...met a couple of weeks ago) volunteered to be net-man and they landed the carp which we guessed to be about 18 to 20 pounds...unfortunately I forgot my camera but both John and Zen took pictures and I will post them here when I get copies...wallbash.gif

After a couple of good hits and hook-pulls we decided to have lunch...that Meely guy really knows how to put on a spread eh Lew?...All kinds of g'weeches, coleslaw and potatoe salad with fresh cherries to munch on for dessert...John joined us as we couldn't have our net-man go hungry ( he could keep what he had brought for supper)...

Around lunch time, our alarm goes off and Meely hooks up another carp and tries to pass the rod to Maribeth who promptly declines as she remembers hearing about the bruising CPH's wife suffered the time she landed one on CPH's birthday several years agounsure.gif...He passed the rod to me and I fought it while sitting in my chair...John did another swell net job and this one was close to being a twin of the carp Zen caught...laugh.gif

We fished for another hour or so but except for a couple of line bumps nothing more happened so we packed up and wandered over to the lift-locks as the women had never seen them in action and in living color...I waited at the truck as it was a bit of a hike to the viewing area from the parking lot...sad.gif

Like I said earlier..."What a terrific day" Great weather, the best of company, good food and we didn't get skunked...smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Gotta love it when a plan comes together...thumbsup_anim.gifrofl2.gif

Edited by Beans

that Meely guy really knows how to put on a spread eh Lew?...

I like fish'n with Meeley just for the lunches he prepares Norm, I don't even care if we catch anything :lol:

Good to hear everybody had a great day !!