Trailer plug

I have this plug which I removed from my trailer it has the white,yellow,green and a yellow/brown stripe and a green/brown stripe.

plug.jpg

Since I am having a hard time trying to find this exact plug I am going to use a standard white,brown,yellow,green 4 pin, Am I correct in assuming that you take the yellow and green wires with the brown stripe and attach them to the single brown wire?

sounds right as the brown wires are usually tail lights. the white is the ground. Nissan wired up my moms 5 wire to 4 wire adapter and screwed it all up.. now i have to rip it apart and fix it.

Edited by Lokka

i believe the fifth wire is your brake disconnect....on my trailer if ever i reverse it disengages my surge brakes....ya might wanna reconsider goin to a four plug

You should have a 5 plug harness with a blue wire. the blue wire is for breaks and the 5th plug is reverse sensor.

Pretty simple to figure out, as stated before, and as dave have said as well.

White wire - ground

Yellow/brown- left side running lights

Green /brown- right side running lights

Green- right turn and brake lights

Yellow- left turn and brake lights

You can splice the wires to a four wire plug. Check with a test light and make sure the auto end was wired up correctly.

Keep this in mind for future reference, yellow is always left side and green is always right side, hench the L and R in yellow and green.

Come to think of it, I do have to rewire a 53 ft trailer in the am, lights, abs system and allthumbsup_anim.gif I love these jobsbiggrin.gif

Edited by vinnimon