need to know what to use in dark green water

skinny

well when i got back into fishing I was going to a near by pond and the bite was good and regular. I know the pond is pressured.I also know the year I was fishing it it was kinda clear water. last year and this year it seems to be a very dark green. I must be tossing the wrong stuff. I was out last night and was tossing a jig with a craw trailer no luck my boy was tossing a wacky rigged pink worm for his first time out for bass. We didn't get anything till after he gave up and I picked up the worm i managed 1 bass

So looking for ideas for really dark green water

well when i got back into fishing I was going to a near by pond and the bite was good and regular. I know the pond is pressured.I also know the year I was fishing it it was kinda clear water. last year and this year it seems to be a very dark green. I must be tossing the wrong stuff. I was out last night and was tossing a jig with a craw trailer no luck my boy was tossing a wacky rigged pink worm for his first time out for bass. We didn't get anything till after he gave up and I picked up the worm i managed 1 bass

So looking for ideas for really dark green water

Hmmm, there is a chemical that they treat ponds with that turns them dark green to kill weed growth, think it works on the lack of sunlight principal, do you think the pond has been treated and maybe this also harmed the fish :dunno:

When all is uncertain I usually match the hatch with a contrasting color(more visible) to the water. Fish will attack and eat what they can see for the most part..In dirty stained water I will go black for a start and then see what happens.

Good Luck !!

i don't think the pond has been treated it's quite large

Ok, was just a thought seeing it was quite a change from b4, seen a lot a small ponds a funky blue green from this stuff, like golf courses and parks. Not sure what it does to the fish .

Ok, was just a thought seeing it was quite a change from b4, seen a lot a small ponds a funky blue green from this stuff, like golf courses and parks. Not sure what it does to the fish .

I put that dye into a pond I had years ago in my back yard and most of the fish died. Thinking I put to much ???