Seafoam Newbie

baironhorse

Ok I read countless posts on the advantages of seafoam...I have 1991 Merc 25hp 2stroke...I have a bad habbit of running her a little rich..lately been finding its a pain to start cold..but when she starts she is ok ...Im guessing choke area.I checked lines, bulb vent etc all good....I want to double check my choke again....CTC has Seafoam on sale pickup a can and I decided I want to give it a run....I have a 25lt tank..should I add the 2oz to a gallon like instructions or use more like I have read in other posts...I have about a 1/2 tank of 3 week old SHell Gold octain gas mixed with Shell Nautilus 2 cycle oil...What do you guys suggest for a first seafoam run (atleast within last two years)?

Edited by Ironhorse

A head wind...... She's gonna smoke! I would suggest that you follow the instructions on the bottle, if that does not clear her throat, then add some more. In this case it is easier to cut a little piece on than to cut a little piece off. Good luck!

hey solo

So you suggest dump the whole can? Ok dump the can and operate engine as usual? Or should I let it get into engine let sit for a hour or so and the start engine again? Let me know exactly what to do. thanks

I would dump the entire can into a full gas tank to clean up an older 2 stroke.