Jack's Lake Lodge Report

saspirilli

Back in the city after a great weekend fishing Jack's Lake and staying with the amazing folks at Jack's Lake Lodge (http://www.jackslakelodge.com/).

While the blazing hot afternoon weather made for slow daytime fishing, we did have success in the mornings and early evenings fishing smallmouth with texas-rigged worms and weedless plastic jigs. Fish were all caught in the log-filled bays or over the extended, submerged weed beds. We didn't get into any huge fish and topped out at a two pounder.

We also managed to get into some very nice 3/4 pound crappie on crankbaits off of the resort dock.

A big thank you to resort owner Joe for giving us a great bait and presentation tutorial. It was a valuable and much appreciated lesson from a master for this group of fisherman still learning the craft.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this lake and this resort.

Thanks to board member Hank. Jr. for the suggestion and advance lake tips.DSCN0078.JPG

Back in the city after a great weekend fishing Jack's Lake and staying with the amazing folks at Jack's Lake Lodge (http://www.jackslakelodge.com/).

While the blazing hot afternoon weather made for slow daytime fishing, we did have success in the mornings and early evenings fishing smallmouth with texas-rigged worms and weedless plastic jigs. Fish were all caught in the log-filled bays or over the extended, submerged weed beds. We didn't get into any huge fish and topped out at a two pounder.

We also managed to get into some very nice 3/4 pound crappie on crankbaits off of the resort dock.

A big thank you to resort owner Joe for giving us a great bait and presentation tutorial. It was a valuable and much appreciated lesson from a master for this group of fisherman still learning the craft.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this lake and this resort.

Thanks to board member Hank. Jr. for the suggestion and advance lake tips.DSCN0078.JPG

Sounds like you had a good week . I'am glad the tips I gave you helped . Sounds like the weather was a little hot but nothing you can do about the weather. We still have to wait another 6 weeks until our trip .

How is the atving in the area ? Joe told me no ATv trails around them ......when I get there I see quads and bikes zipping all over the place

Yes.....walleye, musky, small and largies, crappy and lakers.......although the lakers are few and far btwn. I personally saw a 14lb'er caught there this year.

How is the atving in the area ? Joe told me no ATv trails around them ......when I get there I see quads and bikes zipping all over the place

I was probably one of those ATV's zipping by the lodge on the weekend. lol There are tons of trails just past the lodge. You can ATV right around the entire lake, head to the petroglyphs(spelling) near Stoney Lake, or just cruise around on many other trails. If you keep driving past the lodge....maybe 15 mins or so, you'll notice some main hydro lines crossing the road. Turn onto the hydro right of way and you're onto some awesome trails.

I was probably one of those ATV's zipping by the lodge on the weekend. lol There are tons of trails just past the lodge. You can ATV right around the entire lake, head to the petroglyphs(spelling) near Stoney Lake, or just cruise around on many other trails. If you keep driving past the lodge....maybe 15 mins or so, you'll notice some main hydro lines crossing the road. Turn onto the hydro right of way and you're onto some awesome trails.

Thanks! ill know for next time ... I assume Joe doesn't have a sweat spot for atvers!

Nice to see that others appreciate my favourite spot in the universe! Joe certainly knows fish and fishing and is more than willing to share his knowledge!

By the way, a friend of mine is selling his trailer @ The Anchorage next door to Jacks Lake Lodge, PM me for details if you're interested.