tackle shop in parry sound, point au baril, or britt?

mattybculp

hey guys , heading out this saturday for the upper french river. we got a lot of guys coming from different areas however everyones route seems to pass at the parry sound area . so we were all gunna try and meet up at a spot, preferably a tackle shop. so im wondering if anyone knows of a tackle shop in parry sound or on 69? we dont need any live bait as the lodge has some. more so a spot to have an excuse to spend some $. lures, rod, reel etc? thanks a lot. looking forward to making a post when i get back .

There's a Canadian Tire (with hot dog vendor!!!)just off the hwy at Bowes St. in Parry Sound, also a small tackle/bait shop called Divers Nook farther along Bowes but minimal parking there. There used to be a place on the west side of 69 not too far north of Parry Sound but I haven't been there for a few years now, can't confirm if its still there

It's almost like the tackle shop in close proximity to 400/69 is long gone. Point au Baril has a bait shop right on the highway, not sure about their tackle selection. There are a couple of restaurants/chip stands, gas station and an LCBO right there as well. The other option you may want to consider is the Grundy Lake Store which is at 69 and 522 just past Key River Bridge. The Grundy Lake store has camping supplies and good assortment of fishing tackle as well as a burger/fry/ice cream stop and gas. There is construction at Key River and the bridge is down to one lane but the traffic light seems to keep it flowing.

Maybe there is someone who is in Parry Sound that might be able to help with something right in town.

Sorry Boys,

I gotta vote against Tony & Andre @ Divers Nook. They have decent live bait (a little steep price wise) but are extremely skinny/limited on the tackle side (ie. zero Raps, Live Target, limited terminal tackle etc). Plus given the fact that I hate, hate, hate CTC ( I really hate CTC), I make the effort to go 15 minutes out of my way to support this young entrepreneur;

Mactier Bait Tackle & More http://www.bassaholics.ca/Details/Mactier-Bait-Tackle-and-More.html

His prices are very market competitive, and his selection is 10x what you will find @ Divers. It's a short detour of the 400 and you'll find the LCBO and Foodland in town. High street continues north to old 69 and you can merge back on the 400 At Airport Rd (link has a map). Besides, it's not much more of a detour than stopping in Parry Sound and it's a nice break from the highway drive. Home Hardware is also located there.

This small town and young entrepreneur are very appreciative of our business.

You'll feel better for meeting and spending there.

Slayer

Plus given the fact that I hate, hate, hate CTC

ya, I included CTC more based on the hotdogs outside and the "place to meet" comment (good parking). Good luck getting more than 2 cars into Divers Nook lot, and if you're towing boats you may never get out.

Sorry Boys,

I gotta vote against Tony & Andre @ Divers Nook. They have decent live bait (a little steep price wise) but are extremely skinny/limited on the tackle side (ie. zero Raps, Live Target, limited terminal tackle etc). Plus given the fact that I hate, hate, hate CTC ( I really hate CTC), I make the effort to go 15 minutes out of my way to support this young entrepreneur;

Mactier Bait Tackle & More http://www.bassaholics.ca/Details/Mactier-Bait-Tackle-and-More.html

His prices are very market competitive, and his selection is 10x what you will find @ Divers. It's a short detour of the 400 and you'll find the LCBO and Foodland in town. High street continues north to old 69 and you can merge back on the 400 At Airport Rd (link has a map). Besides, it's not much more of a detour than stopping in Parry Sound and it's a nice break from the highway drive. Home Hardware is also located there.

This small town and young entrepreneur are very appreciative of our business.

You'll feel better for meeting and spending there.

Slayer

I've been to this store several times, but didn't include it simply because it's south of your destination, but may well be on the way for some of your group. Indeed, you're supporting a young lad in a small town who is working hard to make a go out of it.

That said, I think I've had better luck than you with Tony's stock, Slayer.