Steel props

Skud

Looking to get a steel prop for my Yamaha F60. My aluminum one is a 10 3/4 by 15. It has my motor reving at 5900-6000rpm so I would need about the same specs for a steel one. Anyone have a line on someone with reasonable prices?

1650B.jpg

3 1/2 years eh,guess you got a scratch on it.LOL

PM sent

Hope it helps ya out.

I thought there was someone on the board here that repaired and sold props?

Sandy cove maybe a good bet. Check out the wall of props or the flea market upstairs.

Guest skeeter99

hey skud

you can run a 15 or even 16 pitch on that boat I had the 2 stroke 60 hp on a skketer ss90 and ran a 19 pitch but was a little slow in the hole

check kawartha prop for a good used one, maximum marine in port perry also

or ebay

below is a prop I picked up the other day $427 including the flo torq hub

it will be run on my skeeterss90 (16.5 foot) with a 90 merc currently running 52.3 mph on gps at 5900 rpms with a 20 pitch laser 2 prop going to a 22 pitch laser 2 to get rpm down and gain maybe around 4 mile an hour**maybe** should run about 55mph, the 2 increases in pitch will put me around 5500 rpm depending on trim setting

remember roughly for every increase in pitch you will loose 180-200 rpm's

post-743-1175866355_thumb.jpg

Edited by skeeter99

Good info Skeeter. My main purpose for a new prop is to get my rpm's down and a little more speed. With two men and eguipment I will run at 5900rpm and about 32-33mph. (1 man=6000rpm and 35mph) I would like to get down to 5400-5500rpm(The optimuim for that motor is supposed to be 5330rpm for best gas mileage). Getting to 40mph would be nice but maybe not possible with 2 men.

Guest skeeter99

only got 41.5 to 42 mph with my 60 yammie full of gas equipment

I had a 19 pitch prop on her *stainless*

getting the rpm down saves gas and will save the engine over time

you would be suprised how much a prop makes a difference

you should look at a 4 blade stainless 16/17 pitch (the 4 blade prop have real good whole shot, but the best thing about them is that your boat runs alot higher in the water compared to a 3 blade, hence less boat in the water less drag = more speed

same boat as mine older 90hp runs 2.6 mph faster with 4 blade with same pitch as my 3 blade

it is more about physiscs than anything **every hull is different** unfortunately some bulit for speed others for comfort

there is a guy on the niagara river cannot remember the name, u go in take 5 or 6 props that he thinks would work on your particular boat well go and try them out and u can see what the different props will do to the boat and you take the one with the best performance

troy

Edited by skeeter99