Please pay for my kids sports

I played competitive sports, my parents couldn't afford it so I started working at Burger King at the ripe age of 13.

Saved my sheckles and I could buy a new stick or used pair of skates when I needed it. I remember when my skates, gloves, helmet and pants were supplied for me, I felt like I won the lottery.

Before Junior our coaches organized many bottle drives, car washes, auctions, BBQs to help raise funds for extra practice ice and tournaments.

My folks had the money Phil, but when I was 12 the deal became we will pay your registration and the rest is up to you. All through growing up I did farm work to pay for my sports. Worked on turkey farms, pig farms, picked apples at an orchard. Best gig I ever had though was liming & raking the diamonds and putting the bases out for baseball games at our school where the house league teams played. That was easy money compared to some of the farm chores I did. I learned alot of skills and work ethic doing all these things and I am thankful for it.

40 years from now I can't imagine those boys out in front of the LCBO this past weekend will be looking back on the experience and thinking " Boy am I glad my folks made me do that cause I'm a better man for it".

Oh and I played junior as well. It was SWEEEEEET. They paid everything...even my skate sharpening :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

why sell candy bars.cut grass or wash cars.When there is people willing

to give free monies for doing nothing.

Remember,Work smarter,not harder :whistling:

Also don't forget that big brother is watching you hand out free money!!!!

Few years ago I was at a liquer store in Oakville & a group of girls from a soccer team was doing

their fundraising (begging) outside the store when approached & I asked them what they needed the money for &

it was for out of town road trips. I then asked where they were from and said they were from Mississauga

and not Oakville so I said good luck but did not contribute to their cause but I would not have donated

even if the girls were from Oakville since that type of fundraising is something I do not agree with.......

Edited by otter649