Maybe presentation doesn't matter

nroadrunner

My son just returned from a week a grammy's house in Sundridge so it was to town for dad to get a haircut then to the dam for some fishing. They just slowed down the dam here in Baysville so I was not expecting much, as usually they take a couple days after water level change to get active.

I had a bag of senkos that were almost tore through from fishing them texas style from my last trip for largies. Decided to throw one on it was in such bad shape I rigged it wacky style but had to hook both sides to stop it from tearing in half. The smallmouth were all over it, nothing huge but fun anyways.

MY son says I want what you are using i rig him one up few cast later he has a fish, it gets off so he is winding in says he is snagged as i reach for his rod he yells its pulling. He gets the fish in 2lb 5 oz largemouth. I have only caught about 5 largies at the dam in my life and none anywhere near that size.

So we learned tonight if the fish are hungry they will eat regardless of presentation.

Thanks for the read

Ian

yep. On a good day with senkos I end up throwing only half a senko and the fish still gulp it in. No action at all, just 2.5" senko rigged with a 5/0 texas style. More of a reaction strike than anything. Slow fall in the right place.