info on mounting bow trolling

skinny

ok I just aquired a bow mount (actually 3) trolling motor foot pedle type

these are johnson torlling motors and my boat is a 16 ft starcraft tiller

I sure I will have to cut plywood to mount to but my questions got to do whit how to angle the trolling motor or not to angle it if I send it right off the front it may fit under my storage cover

but I see most angled

just looking for pointers i'm mounting it in morn

Mount it so that the head is toward the port bow and the prop is off the starboard front. Make sure that once deployed, the shaft is no closer that an inch from the rub rail. Bolt the whole thing down using substantial washers on the underside. Your red/green navigational light will need to be raised for visibility to others.

ok so it's almost all mounted I need to get proper hardware as my bins of stainless have gone missing

Roy you have helped alot on this .in your first post you asked if it was the type with bent shaft is there issues with this style

ok so it's almost all mounted I need to get proper hardware as my bins of stainless have gone missing

Roy you have helped alot on this .in your first post you asked if it was the type with bent shaft is there issues with this style

No problems at all. I was just trying to imagine the setup and wondering if there was any difference to the way it could be mounted. I don't see any problem with it whatsoever. Don't forget to fuse the red wire as close to the battery as possible....40 amp should do the trick.