Sherkston Shores Trouting!

charlied

Went to sherkston for some trout...was there about 2.5 hours and managed to land about 25 and lost a few more....here are a few pics of the fish! I am super glad to see the trout lasted the winter and were hungry and feisty as heck!

sherkston001576x432lz1.jpg

sherkston002576x432gz1.jpg

sherkston003576x432kk3.jpg

I think its worth the $6 to get in, I have never taken a fish home. I just love to catch them!

Sherkston shores is in between Port Colbourne and Fort Erie. It is an old quarry that they hit the water line on and it filled many many years ago. And now the stock it with Rainbows, browns and speckles. And if you lucky enough there are some big bass in there, caught a 3 pounder yesturday and last summer I got a couple 4 pounders. It costs $6 to get in and you are only allowed to keep 2 fish. The $6 entry fee goes back to help stock it every year or put minnows in for the trout.

i have been there before!!! actually i used to live down the road from the park and used to fish there in the quarry, never tried shore fishing on the beaches....

there is aLOT of everything in there i imagine, many bass have been pulled out of there, say... do they still have the castaways bar in there???

Great pics by the way :D

my derby (take a kid fishing) is being held there on the 21st of april...

I went with my wife and son on monday and we landed 77 trout with the biggest being 5 lbs..

went with bones on tues and we landed 62 rainbows and a nice brown...

minnows under a fixed float 8' down was the ticket..

cliff...

well the most productive thing is minnow under a float about 6-8 feet under it and let it sit, and you can try even on bottom, with the weight on bottom and hook up line about 1-2 feet...may sound plain but the smack the heck out of it. Later on around say june/July you can try little spinners, and spinners even work for the smallmouth in there too. Your best bet would be to just pic a place to try and move around cause they are all over the quarry, there is something like over 50,000 trout in there I think.