Pflueger Patriarch

Steve_R

Hi Guys.

Just wanna get your thoughts on the Pflueger Patriarch magnesium reel. Has anyone ever fished one before? Is it worth the 2 bills they want for one. Im about to buy one and just wanted your thoughts on the reel.

If it is as reliable as the President, and, the Arbor (still can't believe how much I love that reel) I'd say yes. I guess the question is how does it stack up against the Shimano Stradic CI4.

Edited by FRANKIE65

Hi Guys.

Just wanna get your thoughts on the Pflueger Patriarch magnesium reel. Has anyone ever fished one before? Is it worth the 2 bills they want for one. Im about to buy one and just wanted your thoughts on the reel.

I have a Pflueger Patriarch. Love the reel it's so light. no complaints yet. I think it's worth the 2 bills.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i heard the patriarch was an incredible reel but i opted for the stradic CI4 because shimano's warranty has such a good reputation on OFC.

i heard the patriarch was an incredible reel but i opted for the stradic CI4 because shimano's warranty has such a good reputation on OFC.

X2. I played around with the patriarch at the store, and it looked like an awesome reel. Super light and well built. I went with the CI4 for the same reason above.

So far I have not been disappointed.

i liked the drag better on the Patriarch vs the Ci4 and it is lighter than the ci4, Patriarch comes with a spare spool if that matters to you Ci4 does not. I think the reel is to new to give a quality review on its durability but i'm yet to hear anythng bad about them .

I own Ci4's though lol tough to beat a shimano

I am looking at a new rod/reel now as well, I was thinking of a shimano crucial and stradic 2500FI, i would be willing to spend more, it's just tough to know where diminishing returns makes it not worth the cost.

I have an idea of of where a combo like that is on the bottom of Lake St. Clair... whoops! I GPSd the area but no luck yet.