22lb of ontario gold

the other evening i was trolling for some walleye and doing well we ended up getting 17 walleye, a smallmouth bass, a small musky and a fat carp...

ive had some accidental carp catches before... but not surprising ones... you know... hook and worm fishing or jig and a worm... etc...

this is twice ive had one of these beasts strike a moving bait

the first time i was bottom bouncing a spinner in 60 feet of water and i thought i had a record walleye on cause i saw the GOLDEN beast about 30-40 feet away... boy was i disapointed to see those big rubber lips emerge from under the boat...

the second time was last week... trolling cranks for walleye and when i felt the weight i though i had a famouse st.lawrence musky... but as the figh went on... it wasnt fighting like a ski... so again i start thinkin giant walleye... then we see her... a 22 lb carp with my taildancer hanging out of its mouth, not a snagged fish, he hit a crank moving 2mph against 3mph current... i was again blown away

anybody else have this happen... not the hook and worm type scenerio... moving baits?

My biggest carp ever came this way. 1/8 oz jig tipped with a leech off Rams Island in Hay Bay. It was long weekend in May and I was sure I had the biggest Quinte walleye ever. Never saw it for the fisrct 5 mio nutes or so. Took over 15 minutes to finally come in on 6lb test and I didn't have a net big enough. Never got a tape or scale on it cause I couldn't get it in the boat but I'd say in the 25 - 30 lb range

Had another similar instance when I hooked a 15 lb sheephead in the niagara. Saw a quick flash of silver down deep and figured I had a monster bow on but knew something was wrong as all it did was sound back down to the bottom. Still an awesome fight I won't forget in both cases.

I was at cmabellford last yr fishing for smbass and as I tossing my leech I got a hit and I thought the same thing as you except I was bass fishing... he fought really good and I was wow I think am going to break my 21" pb... so as I am reeling in the bugger closer and closer I saw a fatty ugly face... I was dissapointed... but good fight though, on 10ft rod 6lb line... he was 27" long..