Success at last

Hi Everyone,

I returned to Earle Rowe over the weekend and fished the river at the back of the camping site, this was my 6th fishing trip since moving to Ontario, the first 5 being fishless.

I found a nice spot where the river was running hard on the far bank but there was a nice little bay and slower running water on the near bank.

On Saturday afternoon I spent about 3 hours and float fished hard on the bottom, I had 3 carp between 8 and 14 lbs and a couple of fish which I'm not sure what they are but they had the same coloring as Carp but where smaller, thinner with a funny shaped head and an underslung mouth, maybe someone can tell me what they are.

On Sunday morning I returned to the same spot for about 4 hours and caught 4 carp between 6 and 9 lbs.

So all in all a very successful trip over a great weekend, none of the fish were monsters but all of the fish were very welcome, it felt so good to feel a bend in my rod again.

Colin.

compressed for posting.JPG

comp fish in.jpg

comp.JPG

Do we need to change your name to Carpfish 136 or will you get back to fishing for the worlds greatest fish the Catfish. :w00t: Looks like it was a good time had and as Roy said it most likely was Suckers.

Art

Great report and congrats on your success. The unknown fish might have been suckers.

Hi Roy,

Many thanks for the kind words and for the fish recognition, at least I know what they are now and they remind me of a fish I used to catch in Europe which was called Barbel.

Tight lines.

Colin.

Do we need to change your name to Carpfish 136 or will you get back to fishing for the worlds greatest fish the Catfish. :w00t: Looks like it was a good time had and as Roy said it most likely was Suckers.

Art

Hi Art,

Nah I'll stick with Catfish thanks....thumbsup_anim.gif.... and it was nice to catch a few fish.

Colin.

I'm glad you finally caught some fish in Ontario. I'm sure there will be many many more to come.

Thanks for sharing!

Hi N.A.W

I'm glad to, it was a long time coming but was very enjoyable.

My pleasure in sharing and hope there will be many more to come as well.

Colin.