Canoe Fishing

addy79

Hi all,

I'm going canoe fishing this saturday, basically, picking a lake off the map that looks like its accessable by road and gonna drop the canoe in and go! I know this has been talked about several times in the past, but I wanna ask one last time to make sure i dont get myself in any trouble...

Am I allowed to park my car on the side of one of these roads, drop the canoe in and fish without getting in trouble for either parking on the road or fishing in the lake???

Looking at a few lakes near bracebridge, namely:

Cinder lake

Big East Lake

Anson Lake

Sunny Lake

Big Orillia Lake

Appreciate any advice, as always...

Edited by addy79

If there isn't a "no parking" sign your aloud to park there unless it's some ones property or the highway. As far as the canoe goes I'm not sure since I dont have one and haven't read up any canoe regs. I would imaging it's fine to enter the water from any land that isn't private or otherwise states you are not aloud.

I was under the impression that you could not park on the side of a highway. :dunno:

Same here, but according to Google earth, these lakes are all adjacent to small roads ie. Black River Rd. Are these classifies as highways up there?

Think im just gonna take my chances and hope i dont come back to a ticket or worse, no car!

i figure it might be fun to go a little off the beaten path and see what swims in some of these small lakes...

:canadian:

I've done this a bunch of times. But the roads I park on are usually gravel roads, surounded by crown land.. People park on the road down from my cottage all the time, and i've never seen anyone get ticketed.

I think it all depends on what road your parking one.

Same here, but according to Google earth, these lakes are all adjacent to small roads ie. Black River Rd. Are these classifies as highways up there?

Think im just gonna take my chances and hope i dont come back to a ticket or worse, no car!

i figure it might be fun to go a little off the beaten path and see what swims in some of these small lakes...

:canadian:

Caution on this stretch, it is among one of the only back roads I have been stranded on more then once due to washouts(damn beavers). Thank god the logging company was there to repair the road after the last one. LOL.

There's a parking area right beside the portage that leads down to Big East. You can walk across #118 and put the canoe in at Bentshoe as well. From there you can portage about 300m into the Crane Lakes for splake.