Weekend fishing report

vinnimon

Friday night I contimplated whether to head out, my buddy decided to cancel due to the storm that was headed our way. I saw a window of oppurntunity, so off I went to lake O for chromiesthumbsup_anim.gif I launched out with decent skies above me, the winds were just right thumbsup_anim.gif I stopped at the location I wanted to fish, no fish on the finder but I knew they were there. So down the lines go, within a 1/2 hr one line goes offthumbsup_anim.gif ,A shacker that shook himself offwallbash.gif . I trolled for an hour or so afterwards, and my lines tripped a few times without anything to show for itsad.gif . Now Im getting fustrated so I swithed to the dipsy. At this point it was starting rain and I knew I didnt have that much time. 3 times within 20 minutes my dipsies surfaced without them being in the released positionblink.gif very odd.After that I bee lined it for shore, and made it back in the nick of time.

Saturdays outing was much nicer in the same area.I launched out of a different port with more to see, scenery wisewhistling.gifthumbsup_anim.gif . For that day I marked fish all around me and my lines only triggered twice, and nothing to show forwallbash.gif I realized that I was trolling too deep for the hungry fish and my lure colours were off just a tad.wallbash.gif

For my third day, with my lessons learned and a new one to be presented within minutes of trollingblush.gif I set up a little further out from the early season spot, no fish marked but what the hecksmile.gif 10 minutes into trolling I had a shacker on and self releasedwallbash.gif I continued on, still not marking anything . Within minutes I hear zing and zing againthumbsup_anim.gif A double headerblink.gif I took the closest rod and fought that fish while I loosened the drag on the other rod. Thank god! The fish released itself but decided to do the mambo with the other one I was still fighting, ouch, talk about a birds nest a the tip of my rod. Cutting away and hoping not to loose the fish, I cut the wrong lineblush.gif

I quickly tied it back up and finally landed itw00t.gif 12lb female chinny.

Okay now im excited, so off I go again trolling the same areaw00t.gif my line goes off again and this ones a monsterthumbsup_anim.gif A 10 minute battle lost at the side of the boatwallbash.gif

MILLER, were your ears ringing?whistling.gif

I did fail to mention that on monday, there was a call out on channel 16. I listened in to see if the issue was in my area, but it was out of bronte. A small 16ft vessel reported floating around with no one aboard. Thankfully it was only a stolen boat left out to drift.

Kudos to the coast gaurd with their response timeclapping.gif With 10 to 15 minutes they fly past me.

I could surely use a boat that goes that fastwhistling.gif