boat in garage

I am looking at upgrading boats from my 18 foot sylvan. Would like to go 19 feet, possibly 20 and wider. I need to store it in a standard subdivision double car garage with a single door. must fit on an angle. Since these garages in suberbia all have similar dimensions I was wondering if anyone on the board owns a boat in excess of 18 feet and parks it on an angle in their garage. If you do, brand and model would be great to know. I realize you can get boat dimensions and guess but I am curious what the max length somone on the board has fit? Last thing I want to do is buy one and realize I missed it by an inch.

Thanks in advance.

Don't forget a bigger boat is higher too, my 18 ( actually 18' 5") Sylvan is a squeaker in height , centre console with a grab rail around the windshield. I don't know if you will really gain much in size. A Starcraft 196 Fishmaster is one of the biggest aluminums without breaking the 20 foot barrier , might be a thought with a folding tongue on the trailer.

http://www.starcraftmarine.com/Showroom/Specifications.aspx?TypeId=37&SeriesId=130&ModelId=969&Type=Fishing%20Boats&Series=Fishmaster&Model=196

Just do what i did. build your house and garage around your boat ;) 19'8, fits straight in with the transom saver off.....(24 feet all said)

In all seriousness you can likely go a tad bigger, but i think the single door is going to be your biggest pain in that equation.

if the boat fits the trailer properly a swing tongue does little for you. my 18'boat is 24' tip to tail on the trailer and doesn't stand a chance of going in the garage. at over 8 feet wide the angle doesn't do much either, its not like it tucks into the corner. and with the console windshields on its over seven feet tall and wouldn't fit undet the door. i guess in my experience the standard garage just wont take alot of boat. others experienmce may vary.

good luck!

before i bought my boat i laid out a floor plan right in the garage....it fits on an angle with bout 4 inches to spare...i have a single door double garage....my boat is a 1900 pro v with a fold away tounge...its just a pita to get the right angle when storing it....has to be pushed by hand....i think my next boat will be a 17' ft'er....ive been looking at the 1750 tyee...what a sweet looking boat...oh and by the way check the height....i have to take my windsheild off when i park it...grrrrrrr

Edited by workwear