Scugog

dhickey

Heading out with my cuzz next week but we seem to see things different.

I want to go out looking for Pike and Muskie and he seemes to be focused on Crapie and eyes.

This is a maiden voyage of his boat that his father passed down to him seing as he has retiered from a fishing carier that would make most drop to thier knees and worship.

This boat hasnt seen water in 10yrs. (watertite) set up.

So Im looking for a little advice as to where the big girls like to play seing as I wont have all day to focus on them and it would certainly be nice to get some slime in the boat again.

I should mention that I personly have never fished Scugog late spring.?

Only been out there late August twice 15yrs ago.

A little advice would be very welcome.

Thanks.

Saltydawg.

I don't think their are pike in Scugog. Might be wrong though. I don't see why you can't target musky while he fishes for walleye and crappie.

This map has some suggestions for areas to target specific species of fish. Musky are orange, walleye are yellow.

Edited by FishLogic

Thanks for your replies.

My comment towards Fishlogic last nite was out of line and I apologise for it .

I have since taken a second look at the advice that was sudjested to me and found it to be useful as a good starting piont for my day trip to Scugog.

Thank you.

I have been thinking that top water lures may be the way to go on such a shalow lake.

Has anybody fished Scugog late spring for muskie?

Does live bait work?

And what is the average size for each type of fish?

Edited by saltydawg

My brother fishes on Scugog alot since his Fiance's parents have a cottage on the lake...Last year he caught a fair amount of ski's while fishing for walters using perch patterns...rapala jointed minnows and original floaters in 1-3 feet of water whilst trolling...

Also, thanks for the advice on storing the brookies..

Cheers!

Fished scugog for years,,never went far from goreskis ,, out from goreskis marina and to the right in front of seven mile island and in bay always had good luck,, also just past seven mile island ,go by the buoys and i usually drifted from one side to the other with a jig and worm ,always caught them there,one time the charter from port pery came by and a guy yelled that there were no fish therre and as soon as he said it i had a 2 pd on ,showed it to him and shrugged his shoulderrs,, also go across from goreskis to other side and in all the weed beds and you can see a old duck hunt o something like that on shore and drift in there .. good luck,,,