Crappie, Bass, Walleye and baby pike.

limeyangler

Managed to get out for a couple of hours on 2 consecutive days....awesome.

First off went out on my home lake and hit up some Crappie and bass. I was gonna try to get some walleye that day (all in the same small lake) but a buddy of mine from town was already on the spot i wanted to try...hammering the walleye btw.

I went over to another spot...no walleye. I tried one more spot and got 2 small ones...but filming was difficult given one of our American guests in NWO decided it was perfectly ok to practically fish right on top of me.....

TO ALL GUESTS IN NWO.....YOU MIGHT NEED TO DO THAT AT HOME GIVEN THAT MOST LAKES HAVE MORE PRESSURE....BUT UP HERE IF YOU WANNA GET HURT...KEEP DOING THAT!

rant done :wallbash::stretcher:

The crappie have not started to spawn yet in this lake but are still up shallow hiding under anything that provides cover given the weeds are not there yet. Pretty incredible to have upto 10 crappie in the 12"-13" range hiding under one small, thin overhanging log. You literally had to get the slip bobber withing 3" of the cover or the fish would not come out of hiding.

I dont think the bass have all started to spawn either in this lake, the usual beds are pretty vacant and only a few scattered fish up shallow.

I did get another chance to get some walleye on Sunday as my little boy asked to go fishing as soon as i got back off the lake...GOOD BOY...off we went, but alas no fish.

I got out on Monday too, I hit up Eagle Lake for walleye. I wanted to go back to an area i was doing well in last fall. i wanted to see how the bite changed with the season. Only difference i could tell was that the fish were smaller than i got in the fall...numbers of fish still good to excellent!

I did hook into an OOS muskie too. before anyone feels the need to cathartically express ire at the filming of said creature....

1) for all i know could have been a big walleye or pike

2) As soon as i realised it was a muskie filming stopped

3) the fish was not even taken out of the water and was released boatside with a quick flick of my pliers as it was hooked in the side of the mouth as you can see in the video :thumbsup_anim:

The bass and crappie fell to jigs and minnows, both straight jigging/casting and the same jig set at 1' under a slip bobber.

The walleye and muskie also fell to a straight jigged chartreuse or white jig.

Here's the pics & video from the 2 sessions.( There is a strange clip included in the video of the first crappie i filmed....i got the on off function bassackwards...i.e. thought i turned it on when i'd turned it off and vice versa).

KEPT 5 OF AROUND 20 CRAPPIE

IMG_2884.jpg

A NICE BASS FOR TEAM 2

IMG_2888.jpg

VIDEO for Sunday and Monday

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H765ki3EGS0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ya wow another great report! :Gonefishing:

The video and your commentary are perfect as always. Seemed like non-stop catching which is fun as heck.

No use over editing so musky freaks don't get their knickers in a knot.

You are lucky to have such fabled waters at your doorstep. :D

Great as always Limey.

Looks like the fishing is full tilt in your neck of the woods, it's on heavy here as well.

Its getting there, i gotta get up to Lac seul soooooooooooon!

Great stuff man! I really can't understand why WFN never made you an ambassador....thanks for keepin' us supplied with a steady stream of pics and vids :D :D

OOOOps...my bad....i am an Ambassador...just the worst one ever :blush:

Well done there. Just gotta love backyard fishin :clapping:

Thanks Bruce...yup...with a small child now...backyard fishing is where its mostly at for me :Gonefishing:

you were clearly jigging for muskys. :sarcasm:

Nice dinner you got there. Simon, you have one beautiful back yard!

LOL CLEARLY!

Ya wow another great report! :Gonefishing:

The video and your commentary are perfect as always. Seemed like non-stop catching which is fun as heck.

No use over editing so musky freaks don't get their knickers in a knot.

You are lucky to have such fabled waters at your doorstep. :D

LOL @ knickers in a knot.

The first day was slow....but the second day was frantic as the video suggests.