Lowrance LMS 520C Help

perodimi

Hey Folks,

I'm having two issues with my Lowrance 520 C.

First, the sonar is having trouble detecting depth. It will blink and show around 2' and eventually sense the correct depth but it's not consistent. Do you think the transducer is hooped?

Also, after trying a master reset, I can't get the GPS back into heading up mode. In the menu under map orientation, that mode is not selectable and I can't figure out how to get that selection available.

I'm up fishing near Parry Sound now so any advise would be greatly

appreciated!

There is a new upgrade for it on their website.

I tried to load it into mine - wouldn't work!!??

Mine loses depth all the time in shallow.

Maybe try the upgrade???? You are likely more computer savvy than me?!

Many of the LMS 520C units had trouble with reading shallow depths, especially in weedy areas....but Lowrance now has a permanent fix via a easy download from their site.....BUT YOU NEED a 1G or smaller SD card so that the LMS 520C unit will read it. Then there is a shallow mode you select once this is downloaded...you can just keep it in the shallow mode all the time unless you hit Lake Ontario and fish in the DEEP water (150+ feet). Also there is a "TRACK UP" selection via the menu.

Here's the download you require.....

http://www.lowrance.com/en/Products/Marine/Full-Size-SonarGPS-Chartplotter-Combos/LMS-520C/Downloads/LMS-520C-Software-Update/

Bob

Thanks guys, I'll try that upgrade.

As far as the heading up mode goes, before I rebooted I had it and now can't get that option available. I like to see what's ahead of me rather than a birds eye view.

Thanks guys, I'll try that upgrade.

As far as the heading up mode goes, before I rebooted I had it and now can't get that option available. I like to see what's ahead of me rather than a birds eye view.

I looked it up on my simulator that I have downloaded on my computer....here's what to do..

In the GPS mode push on MENU

Then select MAP ORIENTATION and press ENTER

Then select COURSE UP and press ENTER

DONE