Morels are popping

Vanselena

Exactly what I had for a late supper, morels and fried eggs on toast.

I also found another one you can eat, they grow on tree's. I've never seen them before, they're called Dryads Saddle or Pheasant Wings.

Edited by Fisherman

Yes sir ,they are so...We've eaten more than 1 meal and I stumbled upon these beautys after turkey watching yesterday,along with the bag I gave to an ice-fishing friend....with more this morning for dinner tonight....and the Leeks are ready too.....IMG00015-20110520-0922_001.jpg TC and tight lines all...Chuck...(sorry about the banner,I'm too cheap to buy the program)

I can't seem to find any morels at my camp which is north of Sudbury. I will admit I haven't looked too hard and don't even know where to concentrate my efforts. There are a ton of fiddleheads though.

Last week when I was there I only found one little group of chutes that were very hairy and not ready. When I go up on Tuesday there will probably be some. I'm going to try them for the first time. I heard I should just fry them in a pan with butter...is there anything else I should know or try?

I can't seem to find any morels at my camp which is north of Sudbury. I will admit I haven't looked too hard and don't even know where to concentrate my efforts. There are a ton of fiddleheads though.

Last week when I was there I only found one little group of chutes that were very hairy and not ready. When I go up on Tuesday there will probably be some. I'm going to try them for the first time. I heard I should just fry them in a pan with butter...is there anything else I should know or try?

Try sandy areas with elm or hickory trees