R.I.P. Boogaard

blaque

Putting this up a little late, but just thought id put up a little remembrance of one of our hockey brothers.

28 years old and had life by the you know whats. Its a shame and my condolences

That is a shame. He was really entertaining player to watch as well.

Any idea what happend? I hear all these shows talk about him but nothing of what actually happened to him???

and it was very nice to see his old teammates/fans come out to celebrate his life, good on ya

RIP

Edited by manitoubass2

Well, he did end his season with a bad concusion. Was found in his apartment, no signs of trauma. I don't know anything about him other than what everyone else knows of him being a great enforcer, but when no signs of trauma is released its probably drugs or natural causes. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he died of some kind of brain aneurism or something from all the fights. Great fighter and a please to watch.

Ya they dont really know the cause just yet. And the autopsy wont reveal anything for a few weeks they are saying.

He was out with a concussion from a shot to the head during a fight for the last 9 months i think it was. And if that turns out to be linked to anything related to his death...... I think ther'll be some hard thought put into this whole fighting in hockey thing by the league.......Dunno. Proberts death last year should have provoked alot of thought into that as well.

One of the sports radio shows here in buffalo said that one of his good friends tweeted about how they would go out and he would be with boogaard in a cab and boogaard would grab his head with his hands and say he had to get out of the vehicle because he was spinning and couldnt stay in the car and they would have to walk home and cancel their plans because of it. Just scary stuff.

I have heard on the fan 590 that his concussion was so bad that he could not watch tv or read a book or play video games. He had a really bad one.

Alot of NHL enforcers would lose sleep over the idea of going up against the boogeyman.

Well, he did end his season with a bad concusion. Was found in his apartment, no signs of trauma. I don't know anything about him other than what everyone else knows of him being a great enforcer, but when no signs of trauma is released its probably drugs or natural causes. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he died of some kind of brain aneurism or something from all the fights. Great fighter and a please to watch.

I believe he was part of the NHL`s drug and alcohol ReHab program!

R.I.P Boogie!!!

Oxycodone is Todays version of heroin in the sixties and seventies.

This song seems appropriate for this sad news.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k0t0EW6z8a0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One day soon I hope the pharm. comps. and the docs shelling these pills out by the hundreds are going to have to answer some really tough questions! Too easy to get...that's the main problem. This crap is killing so many people and so many people have access! You should see what it does in a retirement town when grandkids, cleaning ladies/men etc.etc.... It's scary! Too easy...too deadly!

One day soon I hope the pharm. comps. and the docs shelling these pills out by the hundreds are going to have to answer some really tough questions! Too easy to get...that's the main problem. This crap is killing so many people and so many people have access! You should see what it does in a retirement town when grandkids, cleaning ladies/men etc.etc.... It's scary! Too easy...too deadly!

It isn't just retirement towns....

The local detox clients here are pretty evenly split between Oxies and alcohol.

Here is a link for ONE of the lawsuits in the states...

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/PainManagement/story?id=3162393&page=1

There is also a class action suit happening here in Canada now.

http://www.oxycontinclassaction.ca/oxycontin/register.php

I also think that the doctors need to get their heads out of the sand when they continue to prescribe this drug. There are many non-opiate pain killers on the market that don't "seem" to have the addictive quality that this drug has.

And unfortunately for those that get addicted to this opiate, ( young and old) the next step is heroin. ( heroin is actually cheaper to buy on the street than the oxies now) :w00t: