free boats?

super dave

I have been cruising around on web and have seen people giving away free tin boats. Only catch is you have to come and get it. Never had a trailer so it never was an option. But now, my brother in law just bought a boat trailer. So now we're thinking we should get a boat. Does anyone have one that they want to get rid of? Now we have the means of picking it up and taking it away so we're entertaining the idea! Still have to pick up a motor but that's the next step.

Its something we're not sure if want to maintain so we don't want to invest a lot of money. Also our wives have something at say about it but we're still going for it. We'll take our chances.

Thanks.

I have been cruising around on web and have seen people giving away free tin boats. Only catch is you have to come and get it. Never had a trailer so it never was an option. But now, my brother in law just bought a boat trailer. So now we're thinking we should get a boat. Does anyone have one that they want to get rid of? Now we have the means of picking it up and taking it away so we're entertaining the idea! Still have to pick up a motor but that's the next step.

Its something we're not sure if want to maintain so we don't want to invest a lot of money. Also our wives have something at say about it but we're still going for it. We'll take our chances.

Thanks.

Are you sure your talking about aluminum boats? I'm thinking your getting them confused with fiberglass. There are tons of fiberglass boats out there for free or next to nothing. The problem with them is the wood in between the resin rots, hull becomes soft, and they are a very big job the redo. If it is an aluminum boat then you don't have anything to worry about. Most can be fixed fairly easy and for that price tag you could always scrap it...

Also our wives have something at say about it but we're still going for it. We'll take our chances.

Thanks.

Just drag the old tinny boat behind the garage and when the wife says something just tell her you had the boat for years but never had a chance to use it because you're always working...LOL....REMEMBER...it's not lie if "YOU" believe it... :rofl2::devil:

BTW....even a scrap useless tinny boat is worth some cold cash at the scrap yard...at least here.