Great wknd

dhickey

Just wanted to share my wknd with the awesome people of the OFC.

It started off on a rather sad note with the the loss of a MAN that I am proud to say that I loved as well as so many others.

So in keeping with his spirit I chose to carry on with life .

The MAN i speek of is my daughters Grandfather as well as my ex wifes Father and a strong mentor to me.

SO as you can gather it is awkward at best. I started out with the objective of taking my daughter away from the greif that comes with loosing a( for lack of better words) KING of a large family that I no longer feel a part of.

SO.

Saturday my princes and I started our day planting trees with her Brownie group as well as Girl giudes and Cubs as Scouts we all planted 470 trees in 2.5 hrs and it was followed by a lunch put on by the local lions club.

We then moved on to her best friends where she had the oppertunity to connect with friends from her origional home(Rosemont)

I then went over to my cousins(Brother)and helped put the dock in and my daughter and I stayed the nite had a great supper and fire as well as she got to play with her cousins that she also went to school with not to long ago(before we sold the house)

All in all it was a good wknd .

My daughter got to forget about things for a while and have some fun.

So my question is should I go to the wake and funeral even if my EX doesnt give me the details of times and places?

even though my daughter asked me to be there?

??????????????????????????????????

I'd go. Your not going to see your X, your going to pay your respects.

I'm in the same situation, and I wouldn't hesitate to be there for a second.

Sounds like a great weekend with your daughter!

S.

Definitely Go. You are a great Dad - don't let that ex of yours make you think otherwise.

I have an ex as well and when his folks pass I will for sure pay my respects. I loved them, still do - their son just wasn't good for me anymore and in leaving him I left them. Sad that yours won't give you the particulars, - but follow your heart and do what you feel is right.

Don, you owe it to yourself and your daughter. You obviously have great feelings for this man, and you deserve to be there at his funeral. you need to go to support your daughter and for closure for you also. Never second guess yourself. if it is what you need, then do it.

Paul