Algonquin Park Ice via Satellite

Nemo

Yes sir...2nd till the 9th

and I can't wait!!!

Destination is unknown yet Depends on the crew....

I was planning a route to Hogan, but if my Dads comming thats a bit aggressive for him...

So we may alter the route and head south through ragged into procupine, and see how close to welcome Lake we can get over the week.

not a huge excursion but good enough. :thumbsup_anim:

Not for the opener but we are heading in at the end of May for four days. Can't wait. Cookslav you going in?

Hey Nemo,

if this is an open invitation I might join you...I'll be back in the park end of August (after great time we had last August on Opeongo I can not resist repeating it;-). This year it'll be just me and now 2 year old son.

I'd love to go deep in the interior myself though before that...it'll be nice to go for the first time with someone more experienced in Algonquin interior...and knowing you as such (including great fisherman) I can not think of a better choice ...so yes....if you have spot for me let me know :Gonefishing:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

I'll be arriving at the park office on Opeongo on Tuesday, May 6 for four nights in. I hope our spot on the north arm is all set up by the advance troops by then.

Some of our crew will be trekking to Hogan, Nemo. Please forward your info to me too, with thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Carll2 I got mine from here

http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/region_map.html

It looks to be all focused on the Great Lakes Basin. Have a look see.

There is lots of sattelite images of Quebec but they are not current. Maybe check with environment Canada..sorry

Corn Nug .. Let me know how you do on CW for the Opener. It was on the list of possibles for last year but I didn't get to it. This weather though may make it tough on ice out on the bigger lakes. I remember getting stuck in the ice on Merchant May 10, 1997. Here the trend.

graph_dates.jpg

You may want to stay posted here: http://www.electricpenguin.com/iceout/

The Tornados last year in August apparently also slammed that area. Apparently lots of trees down on the portages. I think it has been dealt with. CW apparently has some giant boulders in it and general rocky structure.

Edited by Nemo