finally wet a line

grt1

over the past week our lake has started to break up and the creek running into it opened up to allow launching boats. I got my boat ready to go over the past couple days but just couldn't bring myself to launch it. So I grabbed some ciscoes in town today and drove over to the boat launch to try for northerns.

I set up and tossed in my line fully prepared to go home empty handed but an hour after i got the bait in the water, my bobber started moving away and I landed my first northern of the season. It was a 36 inch dandy, and I got ready to take it's picture only to realize i left my tape measure in the truck, so off I go and retrieve the tape, then i realized i left my OFC 2011 sticker in the truck too. by the time i got back to the fish, it was covered with grass from flopping around,

Anyway I managed to take it's picture only to realize after i had released it and checked the picture, the tape had flipped over and the numbers were not showing.

DSCF0229.jpg

I reset my line and just sat down to enjoy a smoke, and the bobber took off again. This time it was a 38 inch northern.

I took pictures of it and one of the tail measurement just to verify the length since the pictures don't really show the tape very well.

DSCF0234.jpg

DSCF0232.jpg

So now all i have to do is figure out how to send these to JOEY for team 5