Nosbonsing Fishing Advice?

g_clot

G'day Gentlemen,

I'll be at Nosbonsing the last weekend in May and was wondering if any of you have some tips for my first time out on the waters? I ordered the map and surfed the web but there isn't too much info out there for the lake. We'll be targeting Pike and Walleye primarily but I wouldn't mind chucking some 10"+ muskie lures too. I've read both good and bad about it's spring fed waters but wanted to hear your updated thoughts before I build my battle plan.

Cheers!

G'day Gentlemen,

I'll be at Nosbonsing the last weekend in May and was wondering if any of you have some tips for my first time out on the waters? I ordered the map and surfed the web but there isn't too much info out there for the lake. We'll be targeting Pike and Walleye primarily but I wouldn't mind chucking some 10"+ muskie lures too. I've read both good and bad about it's spring fed waters but wanted to hear your updated thoughts before I build my battle plan.

Cheers!

Musky is closed in May - FYI

I've had good luck for pike in the very shallows <6feet in heavily weeded bays...funny enough I've also had decent luck with walleye in these spots. Try the edges of the weed lines for walleye where the depths increase to 10-15feet. There is a very good baitfish base in this lake which makes it tougher to get consistent bites. In my experience, it's been tough to catch consistent numbers on this lake.

good luck

There is a very good baitfish base in this lake which makes it tougher to get consistent bites. In my experience, it's been tough to catch consistent numbers on this lake.

good luck

Is the good baitfish base a challenge because they can get full fast or will it be tough to compete with the real thing? Without electronics I guess it may be difficult for me to zero in on the schools.

Good advice on the pike, I'll aim shallower then I would where I normally fish.

Is the good baitfish base a challenge because they can get full fast or will it be tough to compete with the real thing? Without electronics I guess it may be difficult for me to zero in on the schools.

Good advice on the pike, I'll aim shallower then I would where I normally fish.

I think it's tough to compete with the real thing. Although that could be my scapegoat excuse haha

The water should be cold enough that the big girls will still be in the shallows. I was watching pike spawn on Manitoulin last weekend.

I know a guy at work who spends alot of time on the lake, I'll try and get him to sign on to the OFC and reply

never fished it myself, but my Dad and his buddy fish only 1 spot, a small section of shoreline, and seem to do pretty good for walleye

I was researching Nosbonsing earlier this month too. Use the OFC search function. I found some good info there on places and tactics to try.

I saw the map and some tips but it was from several years ago so I was just rehashing it for some more info. I've never fished north of Parry Sound so it's somewhat uncharted waters for me.

I know a guy at work who spends alot of time on the lake, I'll try and get him to sign on to the OFC and reply

never fished it myself, but my Dad and his buddy fish only 1 spot, a small section of shoreline, and seem to do pretty good for walleye

Chris, that would be wicked. Thanks! I'd love to get in touch with them via email or whatever for a quick chat. I'm interested in bottom composition, baitfish that are spawning in the lake at those times, early weed locations, productive bays etc. I'm fully catch and release (except a slot walleye for dinner) and respect the waters like my own.

I'll be calling the local baitshops and resorts closer too. The MNR wasn't overly helpful. We have only 2 days on the water and am trying to do my homework this time instead of showing up blind with only a map.

You, or they can PM me at any time (out of respect for them and the lake). I'm stoked for the trip!

Edited by Rigged