Zoinks - I goofed

Rizzo

Told my buddy to come up this week-end for some early season pike and we'd try Gloucester Pool or Sparrow or somewhere within an hour of Barrie. Just happened to check the regs., and I see season opens 2nd Saturday in May, and this Saturday is actually the first! My bad. Any suggestions on where we could go within an hour or 2 of Barrie? I thought I heard that some lakes have exceptions and are open all year? From what I could tell it looks like GBay is open as of this Saturday.

Hi guys,

I spent 2 weekends looking for pike on Canal and Mitchell lakes. Both times got scunked.

We event went to Balsam Lake and saw a guys pulled out 10 lb muskie from trent canal.

I think it's a little bit too cold yet. Also, i didn't mark any bait fish.

I hear west bay in balsam has a heavy pike concentration. Is Balsam even open for pike? I'm liking the thought of Mitchell, and if that doesn't work it would be nice to know we could scoot over to Balsam

All of the Kawarthas (FMZ 17) are open for pike and panfish all year starting Jan 1st, 2010.

Dalrymple, Canal, Mitchell, Balsam are in this zone and have pike. Lots of water to explore there.

Even on the east side of zone, Belmont, Crowe, Percy Reach have pike and are year round.