Conservative Majority

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

The funny thing is that both sides of the debate will accuse the other of having said complex, and make very broad assumptions about each other.

There are intelligent liberals, and intelligent conservatives, just as there are also idiots on both sides.

I am pro-choice on abortion.

I am pro-marijuana policy reform.

I am pro-gay marriage.

I believe in evolution...IN FACT,

I am the VERY FURTHEST thing you will find from a Bible thumper.

But, guess how I voted....

for the wrong party apparently.

the man you elected is prolife, wants to impose minimum mandatory sentencing on crimes including marijuana, believes in the "sanctity" of marriage, hired a minister of science that doesn't believe in evolution, and is a born again christian.

and yes, i realize there are intelligent arguments from the right, which is why i praised headhunter for enlightening me yesterday.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

I am pro-choice on abortion.

I am pro-marijuana policy reform.

I am pro-gay marriage.

I believe in evolution...IN FACT,

I am the VERY FURTHEST thing you will find from a Bible thumper.

But, guess how I voted....

Alone, with the munchies, listening to Elton John, a darwin fish decal on your car and dressed like Howard Stern? Close? :)

I see that most intelligent debate has left this thread and has been replaced with the right's "intellectual superiority" complex.

Let me say I appreciate the intelligent debates offered by Headhunter. I enjoyed our discussion yesterday and I appreciate discussing these topics because I learn more about a political parties agenda from the people that vote for them than i do the leaders themselves.

And to lookinforwalleye, I say the opposite. For someone talking about how they've "matured" into being a conservative, you have the most immature statements in this thread and all you're doing is poisoning the thread by insulting lefties. And it's an "immature" 31 year old lefty that's pointing it out to everyone.

Look Dr. most of my posts in this thread were my attempt at humour and not meant to offend and I don`t believe I insulted anyone, besides if I insulted anybody the good modship would have locked this thread. I think one or two posters may have insulted themselves and I perhaps agreed with them but thats about it!

I appologize if any of my comments offended you or any of the other left leaning folk here!!! :)

I think given the good nature of this thread given all it's opposing views we'll lock it up before it gets too personal.

I'd like to thank everyone for their views and keeping it civil, I've enjoyed reading all the responses! thumbsup_anim.gif