Sudbury Fishing

Jacques

Looks like I'm gonna be doing a job up at the Big Nickel in April and May.

Should I bring my rod?

I won't have wheels most of the time, let alone a boat. I'm wondering if there's any shore fishing from Lake Ramsey...

Alternatively, if someone wants a fishing partner for the day, I'll pay for gas and lunch. My job's at the theatre so I'll have all my days free for almost a month...

Cheers.

PS Did I spot that famous photo of the pike and the CN tower again in the Outdoor Canada Fishing Issue I bought today... :clapping:

• 3 weeks later...

Jacques,

Bring your rod. You can do pretty good off the docks at Science North and off the rocks around Bell Park. I've seen very nice pike, walleye, and bass come out of there, although bass season won't be open until late June. Night time seems to be the ticket with Ramsey Lake.

There is another part of the lake called C.P.R. Bay: it too rates good for shore fishing.

Also, Nehpawin Lake has splake. Sometimes you can get them from shore, considering the time of year you mention being in the area. The only thing about Nehpawin is there's not much public access other than a beach off Paris St and the East end of it by Laurentian University.

I don't have wheels either but I do most of my getting around on bike. Hope to see you around. Maybe we'll run into each other in one of those places ;-)

Edited by wacky tambaqui

Hey dude!

I grew up in sudbury but unfortunatly all the places I know of require a set of wheels to get to! Never really fished ramsey....many friends have and have done well.....my friends father used to catch a ton of wallaye off the rocks @ science north, years ago - before they put up the boardwalk....not sure how it's been since...... Good luck and let us know how it goes!!!!

UF