What Braid Are You Using ?

4x4bassin

Dang ! I just put Flourobraid and stealth on 2 of my rods.I hope i dont have the same problemwallbash.gif

I have NEVER had a problem with Spiderwire Sealth braid, ever. After 2 years of use, spool it from front to back on another reel and the part that hit's the water is just as new as the day you got it. :rolleyes:

I use the Berkley FireLine Braid. Braid

It's the only braid I've ever used and its been great so far.

You may want to try a round braid then as you WILL get a better casting distance.

EDIT: sorry, I know the Crystal isn't round but the image of that looks round.

Edited by GBW

I use the Fireline Tracer braid for my finesse rod and I really think it's great I have had alot of luck with it. But I also use 6 lbs Flouro on that rod as well depends where I'm fishing and the conditions. I have never tried the Suffix but I have heard good things about it maybe I will give it a shot on my crankbait rod. I did have one problem with Fireline though I had two spools fray the first time I used them and after the second one I wrote to Berkley and within 2 weeks they had to spools sent to my door I thought they were only going to send one and to my surprise I got to. I'm not big into complaining but I don't like throwing 25 buck a spool away like that.

80lb PowerPro on the muskie rigg.

Probably collecting dust...stick to the rivers Bill

PP here for all my Musky gear as well. Nothing below 80#, never ever had a problem. Only had one snap off and I think it was due to my poor knot tying skills.

For me I like Stren Super Braid and my latest favorite P-Line Braid.I no longer purchase power pro does not have the quality of these two brands.

I've tried spiderwire, power pro, fireline, stren super braid, and stren sonic braid. I like the stren super braid the most but they no longer make them :dunno:

I did just purchase some of that suffix 832 stuff but I haven't spooled any of it yet.

I've tried spiderwire, power pro, fireline, stren super braid, and stren sonic braid. I like the stren super braid the most but they no longer make them :dunno:

I did just purchase some of that suffix 832 stuff but I haven't spooled any of it yet.

Hey Kevin didn't know it was discontued but still see plenty on the shelf here in QC.Give the P-Line braid a try its just like the Super Braid from Stren.

MTP

I started with PowerPro, then tried Daiwa Samurai. The Samurai is rounder, and much much softer than PowerPro. It is also prone to wind knots, and I did not find it suitable for the rig I had it on. I still use it, and have switched most of my PowerPro to Suffix Performance. I was considering switching to 832, but thought they did not have a hi-vis colour. If I can find some of that Neon-Green, I am gonna pick some up and give it a go.

I started with PowerPro, then tried Daiwa Samurai. The Samurai is rounder, and much much softer than PowerPro. It is also prone to wind knots, and I did not find it suitable for the rig I had it on. I still use it, and have switched most of my PowerPro to Suffix Performance. I was considering switching to 832, but thought they did not have a hi-vis colour. If I can find some of that Neon-Green, I am gonna pick some up and give it a go.

You wont find the neon lime hi-vis anytime soon from what stores have been telling me. I had to get mine off eBay but the seller isn't there anymore sinse he had really cheap shipping. The other one ship for almost 20$ :( the hi-vis is amazing and so easy to see, i use a fluro leader. The 832 seems more abrasion resistant then my berkley fluro. If enough people are interested in hi-vis you can alway make a bulk order and save money that way, I've talked to a US supplier that would give a discount for bulk. I know ill be interested in some more of different poundage, i have 50LB right now but woul love some 8 for my spinning rod.

Some one else is now selling the sufix 832 hi-vis neon lime on eBay for $37 +$3.99 shipping world wide. Seller is tackle_on_the_bay777

get it while the store is there.

Another eBay seller is millcreekoutlet ships for $4.02 and has a larger poundage option then the other one.

Edited by umKthxbye

Guest nuker

i picked up 4 spools of 832 when it was on sale at canadian tire. have 3 spooled up already.

also spooled up spiderwire stealth, fireline crystal, sufix fuse in blue, and powepro in red.

all between 10-14 lb test.

the crystal i find wiry out of the box, softens up after use, but frays pretty quick. i'm ok with it.

the spiderwire is strange. i find it gets thinner over time than when it's out of the box but it doesn't look like it's fraying. i have it on 2 reels and same thing. strength doesn't seem to be affected. but it slices the skin nicely.

the fuse, 832 and power pro are new to me this year so we'll see how that goes.

i have an ultra-light reel that has mono. everything else i have is one of the above braided lines, some with mono/flouro leaders, depending on application.

I find the spiderwire the best value. $12-$14 a spool vs $18+ for the others.

I'm starting to think the "fused" lines are pretty much the same. Dyneema.