I'm done....melt ice...darn you....melt!

limeyangler

Hi all,

I've been done fishing now since the 14th April. Could have got out since then... and some of the trout lakes still have questionable to good ice for walking...but i'm done.

I promised myself this year to call it quits early to get yard/house/boat sorted before the ice was off....lol...i did good so far resisting the temptation to fish...believe me i'm pretty impressed with myself having not been for over a week....lol....but i'm behind on my to do list...in fact i have not even scratched the surface.

Anyway....i did get out on the 13th for walleye with a buddy and then again the next day for rainbows(stocked). I got my first ever bow through the ice...a small one...but a PB...lol.

NICE TO GET OUR 2 MAN LIMIT ON THE LAST OUTING OF THE SEASON

IMG_2332.jpg

WENT FOR RAINBOWS ON THE LAST DAY OF WALLEYE SEASON...GO FIGURE....LOL

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

Now all thats left for me to do before the ice is out is get the siding cleaned and repaired, fix the deck on the lawn tractor, re do the en suite washroom(plumbing too), design and build planters for the flower bed replacement, fix leaks in the boat, summerize sled and equipment, bearings and rollers on trailer, fix tonneau cover for truck....ok....i'm breaking out in a cold sweat...i'll stop there.

But the pressure is on, my boy is talking more and more about the "byeboat" and "go fishing mum, dad and you allgevver" (he has not got the concept of 'me' yet....lol).

Yesterday he wanted to put his PFD on....i obliged....someone is ready for open water...even if i'm not!

HE IS READY!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Fjv1n3wf4PM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyway....cant wait to get the softwater season off to a start....COME ON ICE>>>>MELT!!!

Should be able to do some shore fishing for Lakers in about 2 weeks though....time to get my arse in gear.

Tight lines all.

First of Simon, congrats on your PB rainbow :clapping: It's always nice to be able to hook into a new species..... them bows, sure put up a great fight B)

Ice over here is going slowly but surely and it's a first for me to experience the opener with lockup lakes :w00t: But next weekend, I'm sure I'll be able to cast my line out in open water for them tasty little pan size square tails :)B)

I know exactly how you feel about that to do list :whistling: I still have mine but a little shorter this time around ;)

Thanks for sharing that video of little Jack.... what a sweetheart :)

Now get working on that list so you can go fishing ;):lol:

Jacques