Tackle Organization

mercman

Now that's nice, I have a Plano guide and another Plano. Find that the crankbaits, spinner baits take up a lot of room. Second tackle box carries all the extra line rolls, marker buoys, and that stuff. Use an old soft plastic lunch bag to hold all the soft plastic, Powerbaits and such.Where did you find the inserts with the "guides " to hold the crankbaits in place.

Edited by fishingBill

Paul, I'm a multi species guy too and only have two tackle boxes. One is the main where I keep all of my lures in and the second is for trout, much smaller and lighter to carry around.

The main box is a plano type, it has 4 drawers and a flip top. The top holds my terminal tackle, pliers, tape, extra spool of line etc.... Each drawer has specific lures in them, one is for spoons, another for cranks, another for spinners etc....

I know exactly where everything is by keeping the lures in the same location. I don't buy lures every year like some of you guys so the way I have it organize works for me :)

Jacques

My tackle storage changes all the time, depending on species, time of year, what lake/river etc. One thing I never change is terminal tackle, pliers etc.

I find it easiest to buy some Plano boxes, divy up your bait accordingly, and add to your main tackle box when it gets called in the game. Keeps your main tackle box nice and tidy as well.

any pictures of these beautifully organized boxes?

I'll post some up tonight. I also won a Rage Tail prize pack from a Facebook contest through Extreme Angler TV. Haven't seen the package but I got a bunck of new plastics and a jersey...Pic's to come tonight. I'll add them to the "tackle thread"

any pictures of these beautifully organized boxes?

I'll post some up tonight. I also won a Rage Tail prize pack from a Facebook contest through Extreme Angler TV. Haven't seen the package but I got a bunck of new plastics and a jersey...Pic's to come tonight. I'll add them to the "tackle thread"

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

like BillM, i pack a small soft tackle bag for each trip. i just have way too much stuff to even "organize" any more. now that i own a home, i have a "fishing room" where i store all my fishing gear, apparel, and have constructed a small rod building shop.