Who's been to Boca Grande for Tarpon?

Guest timeout

Done it in the Tampa area, just north of Boca.

I suggest you do your research on a good local guide that will put you on fish.

You may want to check out one of the FLA forums called Capmel.com and do a quick search for a guide, or register and submit a post.

Guest gbfisher

Done it in the Tampa area, just north of Boca.

I suggest you do your research on a good local guide that will put you on fish.

You may want to check out one of the FLA forums called Capmel.com and do a quick search for a guide, or register and submit a post.

I have been looking and reading. I'm thinking of booking a couple days with a guy by the name of Mark Benett.

Just wondering how others did when they went. I'l be there the first week in June.

Hire a guide, the good ones are usually booked solid and your on a list, expect it to cost in the range of 1000 a day with tip but buddy its gonns be the best grand you ever spent

Beware there are no cheap salt water guides if someone offers 400 for a day and has a few days open he isnt the one

Guest gbfisher

Hire a guide, the good ones are usually booked solid and your on a list, expect it to cost in the range of 1000 a day with tip but buddy its gonns be the best grand you ever spent

Beware there are no cheap salt water guides if someone offers 400 for a day and has a few days open he isnt the one

600 for 6 hours...that is a day...lol and why I have been calling around. There's no way in hell I could stay out longer or through the middle part of the day. I have two days booked tentatively for now.

A friend of mine Andy will be fishing there first week of May. I imagine by mid May (maybe a little late for you) that the report will be in. I know he's really pumped about the day or two he has planned at Boca and has done enough research that I guess feels confident having booked with an outfit that regularily places well on the PTT. You know you're going PRIMETIME!!! Lucky man... it'll be a rush better than even that big ole wahoo you got back in the day.

Guest gbfisher

A friend of mine Andy will be fishing there first week of May. I imagine by mid May (maybe a little late for you) that the report will be in. I know he's really pumped about the day or two he has planned at Boca and has done enough research that I guess feels confident having booked with an outfit that regularily places well on the PTT. You know you're going PRIMETIME!!! Lucky man... it'll be a rush better than even that big ole wahoo you got back in the day.

The great part about the guy I've booked with so far is that he doesn't fish crowds. :good:

I don't want to sit 10' off of 200 other boats. Specially during prime time and on a weekend. lol

Boca pass is the only place Tarpon live don't ya know. :D:sarcasm:

I've fished long enough to know there are fish around if you know where to look and how to catch em. ;) Only trouble I can think of is if I do get one, I'm sure it'll kick my seabass. Which is ok by me. Kick away. :) Pictures would be nice. :D

I've been to Boca Grande around the end of May. Awesome fishing, very exciting even though you're in a pack of boats. We hooked up11 that day and got only 2 to the boat...those Tarpon are monsters. We had a 2 day booking with Ozzie Fischer (Fort Myers) and I loved every minute of it. And the Hammerheads are vicious.

Guest gbfisher

You can do that any day of the week in a certain Waub river bed... :whistling:

[/quote

Simcoe is much closer and I can sit 10 feet away from 500 other boats...... and catch fish. :D