Ford Recalls Nearly 1.2 Million F150 Trucks

craigdritchie

400, that's not that bad, I didn't have 100km on my last truck when it started its routine of constantly breaking down, the marvellous GM 6.5 state of art electronic fuelled diesel. Right from day one to the bitter end, and if GM was the last western block truck maker, I'd by a Mahindra from India. If it wasn't for Isuzu, GM still wouldn't have a reasonable diesel.

Why would GM try and reinvent the diesel after the 6.5? That might probably be the worst engine, ever. Instead they get a tried and true powerplant with the Duramax and combined it with easily the best transmission on the market.

If you ask me, they did it right.

If they had been really smart they would have married Cummins and then wouldn't have had to pay out the extra for Isuzu, but noooo, they had to be stoopid and after that last fiasco I had, I'd rent a non GM taxi with a hitch to pull my boat before I bought another(any) GM product.

Edited by Fisherman

Air bag light has been on, on my 96 for a year or so now. I guess I'll get it fixed to get through the next 15 years til it dies.

don't wait another year DUH! :whistling:

Wish I could take back my 30 years of driving before airbags were invented. I'd probably still be alive.