60hp tiller- Merc. 4 stroke or new ETEC?

Landlocked

Just looking for opinions on these two motors...I'm looking to upgrade the motor on my 16ft. Lund and have heard the newer four strokes won't "rev down" enough for proper trolling speed?! Is that true for this size of motor and would the ETEC be a better option? I see there is a 7yr warranty being offered on them if purchased by end of month.

Thanks!

O yes Pigeontroller, some oil too, but they dont use a lot of it. Because the fuel is injected above the piston it doesn't wash the oil below off. Consequently the oil required is greatly reduced. Last season I used about 8 liters.

Just use the Evinrude regular Etec oil through the summer. I put in the synthetic for October though. Gets kind of chilly some mornings. They recommend it for below freeze points. I ran a 130 Honda for 3 years before this one. Used synthetic engine oil in it so there wasnt much difference in total cost for the year between the two. The Evinrude makes up for that though..Its about 40% better on fuel than the Honda was.

I have a Yamaha and love it, but I almost went ETEC because of that wrranty. The new Mercs are not made by Yamaha. Yamaha made some components( I believe the power head) for Merc but that ended right after Mercury tried to sue Yamaha for undercutting the market.