hey carp guys

crossover

I bought my first two buzzers for $25 including shipping from the states, that was about 5 years ago and they still work fine. I then bought a nash (or was it a fox?), a relatively cheaper one for the brand, at around $50, and that thing failed after a few months. I then picked up a pair of delkim and haven't had the need to look for others since. Delkims are about $100 - $200 each depending on the model.

My advise is, either get a cheap one so it doesn't hurt too much when it does break. And spend more when you're willing to pay more for a better one, especially after you have seen the different models on the bank in person. They do the same thing just the more expensive ones look better (truth). More importantly, buy them from a credible vendor like NWC, Stephen stands behind the stuff he sells. I have had some warranty issues with some tackle from him and he always get things corrected.

My suggestion is if you're picky for features, if you have to get things like remote receiver, snag bars, sexy purple light (or any specific colour), or differentiated drop-back indication, then you're limited to a selected few. But like I have said above, they serve the same purpose and carp don't know which one you're using. I don't even use one for carp fishing most of the time in the last year or so.

Edited by wolfville

I don't even use one for carp fishing most of the time in the last year or so.

But you got to admit Randy, there is nothing like the sound of an alarm going off during that first long run to get the old ticker pumping some adrenaline through your veins...rolleyes.gif

I only paid $23 for one of my alarms and am amazed at how much cheaper some sell for now... hell. a good 9 volt battery costs about the same as that cheapest one...

Being able to change the tone is a nice feature when fishing with several carpers...

But you got to admit Randy, there is nothing like the sound of an alarm going off during that first long run to get the old ticker pumping some adrenaline through your veins...

I can't wait till the day I hear my alarm go crazy, gonna be real soon :)

The alarm that suits your needs best (aside from budget) really depends on where you fish. Over the years, I’ve primarily used only a few models of alarms (all made by FOX). I mostly fish large rivers with heavy current the majority of the time nowadays – I.E, the St. Lawrence, Niagara, Trent, lower Grand, etc. I couldn’t live without an adjustment for sensitivity and volume. My first alarms only had an on-off button and volume control.

When fishing large rivers with heavy flow, I often use the lowest 4 sensitivity settings (out of 8 on my current ones) so my alarms don’t go off from the current.

I prefer adjustable volume more for bank-side etiquette. There’s nothing I hate more than hearing people’s alarms go off as they adjust their rigs after casting or hearing alarms at the other side of the lake in the middle of the night. When I fish tournaments, I often turn the volume to 0 at night so I don’t wake the other competitors... :whistling:

If you’re primarily fishing still water lakes or very slow moving rivers, just about any cheap alarm will do. The sensitivity settings on most are actually pretty decent from the $15-$25 ones I’ve played with and are comparable to the basic FOX M alarms I own (I paid around $50 back in the day for them). I’ve been using FOX EOS-X alarms as my main ones for about 5 seasons which I love, (except for the 1.5v batteries that typically last only 1 season). They do everything I need a bite alarm to do.

When it all comes down to it, buy what you can afford.

There’s nothing I hate more than hearing people’s alarms go off as they adjust their rigs after casting

A guy I fish with all summer does this EVERY cast...and I MEAN EVERY CAST :whistling:

I have never taken the alarm plunge. I was actually given one by a Brit we fish with in Peterboro. But I have never hooked it up. I hear my baitrunner fine when I get a pick up and I don't wander away from my rod. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

A guy I fish with all summer does this EVERY cast...and I MEAN EVERY CAST :whistling:

"HEY !!! ... I resemble that remark!...blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

Besides...I gotta do sumpin' to amuse myself seein' as how you catch all the carps...tease.gif

Sorry Mike...I'll try to do better in the future...good.gif

Edited by Beans

"HEY !!! ... I resemble that remark!...blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

Besides...I gotta do sumpin' to amuse myself seein' as how you catch all the carps...tease.gif

Sorry Mike...I'll try to do better in the future...good.gif

You know I'm just pulling your leg Beansie :angel:

Can't wait to get back in the swing again this summer.

As long as you show up you can be as noisy as you please :thumbsup_anim:

You know I'm just pulling your leg Beansie :angel:

Can't wait to get back in the swing again this summer.

As long as you show up you can be as noisy as you please :thumbsup_anim:

After giving it some more thought...It is your own damn fault...if you didn't catch so many carps, I wouldn't have to pull my line in as often...then you wouldn't hear me readjusting my line so much...wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif...LOL...

hey, so I was under the assumption that the alarm would come with some sort of stick that you would screw on, but I was wrong. Given that I don't want to pay $7 shipping again, is there a store in toronto that carries one of these bank sticks?

<br><br>http://newworldcarp.com/osc/new-world-carp-bank-stick-5090cm-p-173.html

<br><br>Something like that.<br><br>Also, for some reason the battery cover is missing?<br>

Edited by crossover

hey, so I was under the assumption that the alarm would come with some sort of stick that you would screw on, but I was wrong. Given that I don't want to pay $7 shipping again, is there a store in toronto that carries one of these bank sticks?

<br><br>http://newworldcarp.com/osc/new-world-carp-bank-stick-5090cm-p-173.html

<br><br>Something like that.<br><br>Also, for some reason the battery cover is missing?<br>

Contact Stephen at New World Carp...I'm sure he will make things right by you...Don't know why you thought the bank sticks would be included as they are listed separately on his site...BTW...so are the holders you might want on the back bank stick...