Trailer Park Recommendations? NF

sneak_e_pete

Hi all, my wife and I are taking a leap and looking at a 36' foot trailer. We are looking for a park to keep it at year round, and I was hoping someone would have some recommendations. We have a few criteria that we are looking for:

1. We live in Grimsby and would love be close (within an hour or so)

2. We have a 4 year old, 2 year old and one in the oven, so family oriented

3. Fishing - not a must have, but I have a 16ft aluminum and would like to take the kids out/get some peace and quiet for myself.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Check out the north shore of Erie - should find several within a 1 hour drive or so of Grimsby that fit your requirements and the perch and bass fishing is quite good as well.

Tracker (Don ) :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

*** You could also check along the Grand River - several along there - but limited boating.

Edited by Tracker

Hi all, my wife and I are taking a leap and looking at a 36' foot trailer. We are looking for a park to keep it at year round, and I was hoping someone would have some recommendations. We have a few criteria that we are looking for:

1. We live in Grimsby and would love be close (within an hour or so)

2. We have a 4 year old, 2 year old and one in the oven, so family oriented

3. Fishing - not a must have, but I have a 16ft aluminum and would like to take the kids out/get some peace and quiet for myself.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hi we have been at this park for about 15 yrs now.. got new owners about 4 yrs ago.. pretty reasonable rate for the year that includes leaving it setup all year.. check out there site www.castlevacationparks.com Then look for Willow Lake Park.. it is between Brantford & Simcoe in a town called Scotland of Hwy 24 it is about 1hr 15min for you with no traffic.. fishing not to far away as well as at the park.. beach area and play area for the kids.. check it out it might be what you are looking for and if you need more info PM me

Look up a bunch and spend a day or two visiting them and meeting with the owner's/managers to see what they offer. It's a great way to spend time with the family. We love our 30ftr up in Honey Harbour and are thinking about going to a 34 in a couple of years.

Another place that is owned by Castle Vacation parks is Hidden Valley Family campground; it’s just outside of Normandale and Turkey point.

http://hvcamp.com/

This will be our 12th year there and we still enjoy going down every weekend.

The park was originally a Boy Scout camp that was converted to a trailer park a number of years ago. Castle bought it about 4 years ago and has made some improvements to the facilities. Swimming pool, games room, rec hall, Saturday wagon rides and all kinds of group activities.

The park backs onto the Turkey Point Provincial park and there are all kinds of hiking trails.

A 5-10 minute walk gets you to the Normandale pier where you can throw out a line and there’s a small beach for swimming.

Then there’s Turkey point itself, that has all the small beach village attractions along with a great beach for the kids.

Turkey Point marina has a very good launch ($20.00 last year ouch) that gets you out onto Long Point bay; that your 16 foot tinny would be quite comfortable in.

Oh yea there’s also Turkey point golf course; I don’t golf but a bunch of our friends down at the park do and they say its pretty good for a provincially owned; its only about a 2-3 minute drive.

The only thing I’m not a fan of is that Castle will not allow you to bring in your own trailer. It must be purchased through them; as in an existing trailer in the park or a brand new one purchased through Castle.

Come check it out; I’m on sunset drive third trailer from the end on the right hand side. After May 1st that is.

Dan.

Another place that is owned by Castle Vacation parks is Hidden Valley Family campground; it’s just outside of Normandale and Turkey point.

http://hvcamp.com/

This will be our 12th year there and we still enjoy going down every weekend.

The park was originally a Boy Scout camp that was converted to a trailer park a number of years ago. Castle bought it about 4 years ago and has made some improvements to the facilities. Swimming pool, games room, rec hall, Saturday wagon rides and all kinds of group activities.

The park backs onto the Turkey Point Provincial park and there are all kinds of hiking trails.

A 5-10 minute walk gets you to the Normandale pier where you can throw out a line and there’s a small beach for swimming.

Then there’s Turkey point itself, that has all the small beach village attractions along with a great beach for the kids.

Turkey Point marina has a very good launch ($20.00 last year ouch) that gets you out onto Long Point bay; that your 16 foot tinny would be quite comfortable in.

Oh yea there’s also Turkey point golf course; I don’t golf but a bunch of our friends down at the park do and they say its pretty good for a provincially owned; its only about a 2-3 minute drive.

The only thing I’m not a fan of is that Castle will not allow you to bring in your own trailer. It must be purchased through them; as in an existing trailer in the park or a brand new one purchased through Castle.

Come check it out; I’m on sunset drive third trailer from the end on the right hand side. After May 1st that is.

Dan.

Hey Dan they bring them in our park all the time with out restrictions as long as it is not a new trailer.. Got to get together thue the summer you are so close to do some fishing..