Record musky questioned

tonka-toy

I know that you know that he knows that I know that I know that he knows that you know that they know that we know that I know that it's known that those know who he knows that all know that we know that he knows that I know that the Pope knows his dog knows that the cat knows that a lynx knows that the rhino knows that she knows who they know that we know that I know that they know that I know that at least 301 world record muskies have been released by the guy who knows that I know that he knows that we know that I know... :rofl2::w00t:

:rofl2:

Guest gbfisher

Unknown to the public, very well known in the circle...

Circle? Oh you mean the kinda circle that the tragically hip sings about Cocnut cream...lol

Guest gbfisher

Your right their Ron, unless they discredit enough Canadian fish, that it finally ends up back in Wisconsin, where they want it in the first place, Martin Williamsons will be next, and then mine after thatwhistling.gif

It's to bad Martin died this passed year. :(

The world record Musky was probably caught in a drag net, chopped up and stuffed in a Pickle Barrel to be shipped to Europe for food 80 years ago. I think I have a picture of the barrel. I will post it when I find it but I am sure somebody will refute my claim.

Yes, I never met him but apparently, from what I read and heard, he was a really good dude.

I had the pleasure of doing some business with his company and spoke to him on a couple of occassions and I had the same impression Roy that he was a good guy, the first time I was in his office I was in awe of the mounts and pictures.

His big fish was a incredible.

Ken obrien is my uncle, by marriage and while i wasnt even alive at the time he caught it hes told me about it ad I'm sure its all legit. Hes not the type to lie or make something up. I can say with no doubt they're wasting their time trying to disprove it. As for the whole c r thing I'm all for catching and releasing almost any muskie, trophys included but this one was old and barely put up a fight just got slowly hauled to the surface i d say it d probably die if released, and if not it didnt have many more years, if not months ahead of it. I'd have done the same thing.

Ken obrien is my uncle, by marriage and while i wasnt even alive at the time he caught it hes told me about it ad I'm sure its all legit. Hes not the type to lie or make something up. I can say with no doubt they're wasting their time trying to disprove it. As for the whole c r thing I'm all for catching and releasing almost any muskie, trophys included but this one was old and barely put up a fight just got slowly hauled to the surface i d say it d probably die if released, and if not it didnt have many more years, if not months ahead of it. I'd have done the same thing.

I'd love to hear Ken's opinion of whats going on. I agreed with the questioning of the Lawton and Spray and Johnson fish. This seems as if they used a picture where the ruler is in the foreground and the fish clearly behind it, to question the stated lenghth of the fish.From there I guess the measurement of a mold and mention of a measurement of the actual fish 8 days after it's freezing is in their mind enough to somehow call in and question the record (which is based on weight anyways). With all the apparent eye witnesses agreeing on the stated weight I don't see how they will manage to get this record overturned. (which was the same result as their 2 previous attempts with Spray and Johnson)

Us carp guys go through the same stuff you musky guys do. I don't believe anybody can tell the weight of a fish within 20% based on a picture. The Ontario record carp is only 39 lbs. The record gets broken every year but nobody want to go through the hassle or the repercussions of claiming a new record.

I have add,that I meant that no dedicated carp angler wants the hassle.

Edited by hammercarp

I'd love to hear Ken's opinion of whats going on. I agreed with the questioning of the Lawton and Spray and Johnson fish. This seems as if they used a picture where the ruler is in the foreground and the fish clearly behind it, to question the stated lenghth of the fish.From there I guess the measurement of a mold and mention of a measurement of the actual fish 8 days after it's freezing is in their mind enough to somehow call in and question the record (which is based on weight anyways). With all the apparent eye witnesses agreeing on the stated weight I don't see how they will manage to get this record overturned. (which was the same result as their 2 previous attempts with Spray and Johnson)

He actually somewhat indifferent about it I'm not sure he even follows the "investigation". I mean hes a big fisher and all and I'm sure at the time he was thrilled at the catch but hes not the type to need everyone to know he caught the fish and hes not much of a musky fisher at all, i believe thats the only one he ever caught! lol.

If you were to luck into a record muskie, you'd be wise to let her slip back down to the depths. Sure take a pic and measure if you can but let her go. Unless you really need the notoriety and the few dollars, it really is not worth it. Regardless of how honest you were, from that time on, your integrity would be questioned forever.

It's like any other sport or pastime, as soon as money/greed enter the equation, it's dead.