Maintenance Service

chromermo

I'm the other way.. I blow the $100 on oil (now down to $72 with the Verado specific out now) and my plugs are original. They fire fine... they're not electrode worn. Oil takes a beating in a Supercharged engine running 225F oil temps on every run.

I'm the other way.. I blow the $100 on oil (now down to $72 with the Verado specific out now) and my plugs are original. They fire fine... they're not electrode worn. Oil takes a beating in a Supercharged engine running 225F oil temps on every run.

I am surprised that they run that hot. I have (2) 318 inboard motors that will not get up to 180F at 4000 rpm but they are made different than an outboard. I know on all of my turbo charged cars they have a beefed up cooling circuit on the water and oil coolers that are in the water jacket to get the heat out before it does damage.

Art

OIL is usually 222/223 Art, after any significant run. Not a real issue. Even in my aircooled aircraft engines I don't get worried unless I go past 250F. I find with Supercharged engines that the oil gets black/dirty faster than conventional engines. I found that back in my 6-71 blower days and in my '90 TBird SC, as I do now with my Verado. Suprised that Paul isn't seeing this if he has 100 hours on his... I don't put 100 hrs on mine most summers and mine was black when I drained it in October.

When I checked the oil in Dec it was a dark tan colour.The oil I sent to the S.O.S lab

last year was a darker brown and it checked out O.K.

When I'm running higher speed 40-50mph it's only for 15 minutes or so.

90% of the time I let the super charger cool down before I shut the engine down.

Oil is cheap insurance. I change my outboards every 50 hours or so.

My truck gets changed every 5000km even though i use full synthetic in every thing and quality filters.

I put the same castrol 10w30 in every four stoke i own. It goes on sale at CT at least twice a year and i will buy 15 liters at a time.