Worden's Rooster Tails?

Eazy

I've got a few of these in my box, look to be fantastic little spinners as to regarding overall appearance, but, for the life of me, can't seem to get the blade spinning while retreiving?????......Is it just me or is this a common problem with these baits? :dunno:

IMO that's a common problem with that blade style. One of my favourite spinners for trout, I've got tons of them, but you really have to give them a sharp tug to get the blade spinning.

I've found not using a snap swivel helps immensly for whatever reason.

IMO that's a common problem with that blade style. One of my favourite spinners for trout, I've got tons of them, but you really have to give them a sharp tug to get the blade spinning.

I've found not using a snap swivel helps immensly for whatever reason.

Do you find problems with line twist when you don't use a swivel with the roostertails Solo?

Wordens lures are awesome, Im sponsored by them infact. I use them all the time and find that they need to be used on very light line and have to be tugged to get them started usually. I find that if I place a saporo barrell swivel on it first it tends to stop the line twist and makes them run better.

Wordens lures are awesome, Im sponsored by them infact. I use them all the time and find that they need to be used on very light line and have to be tugged to get them started usually. I find that if I place a saporo barrell swivel on it first it tends to stop the line twist and makes them run better.

Do you put the barrel swivel on the lure Marvin?

I neglected to mention earlier when I'm fishing with Rooster Tails as mentioned I tie the line directly to the lure but usually run a barrel swivel inline about a foot and a half above the spinner.

Side note, check your pm's.

Funny you should mention that......looked at the package yesterday and it said to do exactly that, but once you get them spinning do you have to really burn 'em in fast to keep the blade spinning?