2011 Juno's

muskymike

Agree, I usually hate the juno's but this year it has been great.

I was thinking the same thing Dan. Usually dont even bother, but I have watched the entire thing so far this year. Odd. I didn't even know some of these artists were Canadian. :whistling:

Watching it now, Canadian Music is stronger then ever. This country has produced (and still is) some great artists.

Agree? Disagree?

The broadening of the distribution channel has enabled many more bands to get their music out independently, without having their music screwed up by the big record companies. It's a good situation.

"Holy ^%$#, this doesn't look Canadian" is what I said when Drake took the stage.

"Never before have the Juno's left me wanting more" is what I said when the credits rolled.

I will admit that throughout the show there was quite a few "Who's that?" comments but fortunately I was watching the show with a couple musicians that knew many of the artists personally or knew people that played with them.

I probably wouldn't have watched the show this year but a friend of mine was nominated. Sadly, he wasn't chosen for Blues Album of the Year. (The Johnny Max Band - It's a long Road)

It was a great show for me and an even greater experience for my friend Wayne. He enjoyed a week of Juno festivities, met a few icons in the industry and is looking forward to going back! He said a lot has changed since his last nomination ten years ago.