CONDITIONS at fenelon falls on Saturday Mar 26.

sleepjigging

Conditions at Fenelon Falls:

500m above falls - ice free. Rest of lake - thin ice where I tested. All of lake is cover in white ice. Wind from the west and bone chilling cold. Washed my lures in the beautiful sun. Awesome.

Below falls - ice free. Sign says fish santuary until May 21. Locks still frozen.

There is a restaurant sitting right next to the falls. It will open April 1st. I will go back just to enjoy lunch by the falls.

SJ

original post:

Hi will be at Fenelon Falls, ON on Saturday all day. Wonder if it is possible to fish that area? Is there still ice? Open water? I know that below the falls (for 1km) is a fish santuary until May.

Anyone going out?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by sleepjigging

Hi will be at Fenelon Falls, ON on Saturday all day. Wonder if it is possible to fish that area? Is there still ice? Open water? I know that below the falls (for 1km) is a fish santuary until May.

Anyone going out?

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, there is still lots of ice on both Cameron, and Sturgeon.

Update: Conditions at Fenelon Falls:

500m above falls - ice free. Rest of lake - thin ice where I tested. All of lake is cover in white ice. Wind from the west and bone chilling cold. Washed my lures in the beautiful sun. Awesome.

Below falls - ice free. Sign says fish santuary until May 21. Locks still frozen.

There is a restaurant sitting right next to the falls. It will open April 1st. I will go back just to enjoy lunch by the falls.

SJ

SJ

Ah yes, the Falls View. Food quality isn't 5-star, but it's still good, and the selection is quite varied, Greek food, Italian, English/North American, basic burgers, I can't see anyone going here and not being able to find something they like. And the view is terrific!

Edited by Dave Bailey